• 2 weeks later...

There is a new for sale sign a long Buffalo Speedway near West Airport. Yaalx Realty Group is listing 367-acres for sale.

I called and spoke to one of the principals.

TMC and their co-developer backed out and now the owner is shopping around for a new buyer.  I hope TMC and the owner(s) can come to terms soon! Maybe they just need to compromise on the final terms?

The numerous Buffalo Speedway/Holmes Road proposals never seem to work out.

TMdQHAS.jpg

• Like 2

I take it back.  Not that much delay please!  

On 4/17/2023 at 8:22 PM, strickn said:

Hoping a little delay makes this less of a samey theme and color scheme production (like Johnson Space Center, Memorial City redevelopment, or Dallas' Harwood District) and more of a neighborhood

TFW you notice you were not in the TMC Helix Park thread anymore, Toto…

• Like 2

Sounds like this may not be moving forward. 367 acres is a big chunk of the 500+ acres that was planned to be the bioport. "Backed out" does not sound like a term that would be used if the seller and TMC/co-developer could not agree on terms. Sounds more like the TMC and co-developer have changed their minds in regard to the development itself. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Fortune said:

Sounds like this may not be moving forward. 367 acres is a big chunk of the 500+ acres that was planned to be the bioport. "Backed out" does not sound like a term that would be used if the seller and TMC/co-developer could not agree on terms. Sounds more like the TMC and co-developer have changed their minds in regard to the development itself. 

I was told there is a potential buyer lined up and there will be an announcement made in a month or two. Hopefully it's a private equity company with the purpose of funding the BioPort development.

A permit was pulled a few days ago for a new Site Concepts cell tower with lot grading and a driveway located at 12728 2/3 Buffalo Speedway.  I'm not sure if this is related, but a good sign none the less. Fingers crossed for more coming!

YkEUFc3.png

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, thatguysly said:

Yes. Wildcat is going no where and it shouldn't. Great reuse of land that would be never used otherwise. 

http://www.golftexas.com/departments/coursereviews/wildcat-golf-club-864.htm

That article says it's one of only 2 golf courses in the city ("It's one of only two courses in the city, for example.").  How do they come up with that?  Even excluding country clubs, there are three city-run courses inside the loop alone (Memorial Park, Hermann Park, and Gus Wortham).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rechlin said:

That article says it's one of only 2 golf courses in the city ("It's one of only two courses in the city, for example.").  How do they come up with that?  Even excluding country clubs, there are three city-run courses inside the loop alone (Memorial Park, Hermann Park, and Gus Wortham).

The writer must be trying to get a job at the Chron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thought I would add this to the thread. There was a recent job posting from the TMC.  Within the job posting they mentioned TMC BioPort.  The job posting was from the real estate department.  This gives me hope they know the development (will be) secured.

Transaction Coordinator, TMC Real Estate Leasing

TMC is the world’s largest life science ecosystem, spanning three distinct campuses in the heart of Houston. Across the world-class complex, TMC is harnessing the collective expertise of members and partners to drive advancements in research, development, production, commercialization, and patient care. TMC Real Estate Leasing seeks to improve patient care through entrepreneurship and innovation tenant leasing. Facilities include TMC Innovation Factory, TMC Medical Campus, TMC Helix Park, and TMC BioPort. Tenants include Healthcare Start-ups, R&D Life Science Companies, Hospitals and Institutions, Hospitality and Retail, and related industries.

XxfcQiJ.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 9:06 PM, Highrise Tower said:

The newly released Newmark Group's 1Q23 Houston Multifamily Market Report contains information about the TMC BioPort. Thought I would add this to the thread.

UXf4VS2.jpg

ivhpAaX.jpg

They actually mention the Medstar Tower. Last we heard, it was either cancelled completely or in deep hold.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or did about a 4-foot section of grass/debris get mowed/cleaned? The brown section spans the entire length of Buffalo Speedway. Maybe they were cleaning up against a debris violation?

6zKEGCh.jpg

Also, I believe the red CenterPoint Energy flags are new.  The flags start to appear after the circular roundabout.

hKIMwj7.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

There is activity this week!!

I noticed a fence being built a long the side of Buffalo Speedway.  Behind the fence was a bright, blue, container. wow!!

I wonder what's going on??

shbGP6y.jpg

peausWV.jpg

There was a CenterPoint Energy control panel 20 feet away.  The address on the control panel read 13214-1/2 Buffalo Speedway.

1srGwhq.jpg

• Like 8

There are now two Bio Technology Manufacturing developments proposed elsewhere.

I don't know how I feel about that.  If there was just one, centrally located, maybe there would be more traction for leasing. Now, potential clients will have to choose from 3 different Houston-area campuses.

The City of Pasadena recently discussed a TMC BioPort "Spinoff" in their Strategic Plan Five-Year Update June 2023 meeting.

As well already know, now McCord Development is proposed their own Bio Technology Manufacturing campus in Generation Park.

City of Pasadena:

nyqYU5b.jpg

ZGjTxrU.jpg

Generation Park:

OFO00sA.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...