1 hour ago, Highrise Tower said:

Anyone else notice that this may not be located where UT is selling their 307 acres? 

The BioPort campus might actually be located on Buffalo Speedway, in between Holmes Road and W. Airport Blvd.  This would also explain the circular roundabout featured in the concept rendering.  The roundabout is located about halfway to W. Airport on Buffalo Speedway.

Screenshot from the State of Texas Medical Center 2022:

HoNcNfR.png

This is actually even better news, because its the really really big lot south of where you think it is. "But wait, there's more!"

• Like 2

• The title was changed to TMC BioPort: 500-Acre Bio Manufacturing Campus
4 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Anyone else notice that this may not be located where UT is selling their 307 acres? 

The BioPort campus might actually be located on Buffalo Speedway, in between Holmes Road and W. Airport Blvd.  This would also explain the circular roundabout featured in the concept rendering.  The roundabout is located about halfway to W. Airport on Buffalo Speedway.

Screenshot from the State of Texas Medical Center 2022:

HoNcNfR.png

The Domain proper in Austin is 303 acres. 100,000 biotech workers could definitely use a high density, mixed-use development of that size to live, shop, and eat in.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thatguysly said:

I drove that recently when 610/288 was awful. I was wondering if it would ever be developed. Great news for that area.

They are building  Apts a few miles up the road along with a few stores... I fully  expect  this development  to draw even more development  interest...those 100,000 people  are going  to need places to stay relatively  close to their jobs....??  We could  be in for a massive explosion of residential  development  in the area 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moore-to-it said:

They are building  Apts a few miles up the road along with a few stores... I fully  expect  this development  to draw even more development  interest...those 100,000 people  are going  to need places to stay relatively  close to their jobs....??  We could  be in for a massive explosion of residential  development  in the area 

I saw that. There are also some new(?) houses/townhouses going in down Airport closer to Almeda and then more going in east of 288. Plus a whole lot of new warehouses/distribution centers going in along 288 as well. Just massive development. But that area has need an influx of jobs and development. This should also provide a lot of blue collar jobs which should be locally supported.

• Like 2

This weekend I drove down Buffalo Speedway to take a photo of all the different For Sale signs that were posted a long the street. Definitely looks like the majority of them were from the same company.  I saw the same phone number on the signs: 832-867-6380.

aLARhlu.jpg

k4Asnpg.jpg

5ab2OH3.jpg

1KqwI4X.jpg

0gfV9Ab.jpg

INGFGDK.jpg

Bonus: The sign for UT's land when the Kirksey's owned it before UT got involved.

ZMkmvIq.jpg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Craig Cohen of Houston Public Media broadcasting from the University of Houston had guest Bill McKeon on today's Houston Matters show.  I'm sure the 11-minute interview will be online soon. There might even be local journalists that will create a story about this interview. 

Here is my write-up as I was listening live.  The segments that stood out for me. 
(Verbiage might not be 100% accurate.)

Craig Cohen: Is this then just about creating specific space for existing companies to move into?

Bill McKeon: No, we are actually evolving. These are coming from internal obviously when you see the great developments that are happening at MD Anderson, Baylor College of Medicine, UT, A&M, those are driven demand, that is creating this demand. One of the great opportunities is for us to have the Work Force Training Center right in the heart of the BioPort. This will create 100,000 new jobs for Houston. That's a $54 billion economic impact for this BioPort alone. 

CC: Do you have a time line for all of this to happen?

BM:  We have been in the due diligence phase for a well over a year-and-a-half now. When you are talking about such a large amount of land you have to do a tremendous amount of work to study the land. In Texas, it's not surprising there is oil wells through out, there's energy lines.  You have to be very detailed in your diligence phase, because you're really not just building a place to build a building, you are building a place to build 50 factories.  It has been under way for a year, to a year-and-a-half already. We have 5 or 6 customers already looking to move into the area. We think it will be activated from a time line of as early next year, early 2023. 

CC: I hear 50 new factories and a couple of thoughts come to mind.  One of course is the potential impact to the air quality. But the other one, which is a very much concern here in Houston, is what would all of that development mean for how water flows in the Texas Medical Center?

BM: Water detention. What's great about modern architecture now, when you design sports fields that can be used as water detention centers should there be terrible rain. That can also be activated and used for soccer fields for the campus.  In respect to Bio Manufacturing, Bio Manufacturing isn't like most manufacturing where you see smoke coming out of stacks. This is highly advanced technical equipment that is actually creating cell lines. So you're not burning, and creating anything negative for the environment. As a matter of fact, for an economic standpoint, we are building centralized distribution so that we are not buying 50 different warehouses we are actually centralizing making it less expensive and more efficient in the process. 

CC: Where does most of the Medical Manufacturing occur today? 

BM: Number 1 place is Europe, then number 2 is Boston, and up and coming will be Houston.  In the Carolina's they start educational training in the 5th grade.  They can come right out of high school and go into a $160,000, $170,000 dollar job. Part of our Work Force Training Center, we will be working with all of our schools to make sure we start the training very early on to create these opportunities to serve these great young men and women coming out of High School. 

No transcript or seperate story yet but the audio of the show is available now.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/shows/houston-matters/2022/10/17/434796/daca-ruling-and-the-astros-head-back-the-alcs-oct-17-2022/

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 2

Interesting. This large parcel of land for sale that's located on Holmes road near Buffalo Speedway has the same contact phone number listed as TMC's new BioPort Campus. The same phone number is 832-867-6380.

This falls outside of the BioPort Campus, no? I wonder if this is additional land for some reason?

I also noticed when you click the original Loopnet link, it does not take you to the 700 Holmes Road listing, but to a listing for 9 parcel lots for a total of 115-acres.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/700-Holmes-Rd-Houston-TX/8791075/

The 113-Acres for sale at 700 Holmes Road, seemed to have been split up into 9 parcels and then recreated as a separate Looopnet link. See below.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Holmes-Rd-and-Buffalo-Speedway-Houston-TX/8791075/

Google Maps is so advanced that you can see remembrance of an old road layout. Highlighted the road path in grey.  Labeled as Concrete Construction of Houston, but it's a storage facility for large 18-wheeler trucks.

You can see the known TMC BioPort Campus land on the bottom right.  This maybe included.

xiMDU3p.png

• The title was changed to Proposed Tower Site At 12728 Buffalo Spdwy.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Dental Hygiene Student In Need Of Patients

I need to report localized street flooding on a certain part of Buffalo Speedway. I believe this is only a blockage someplace?  On all of Buffalo Speedway, there was only one small section that could not contain the heavy rains this past weekend.

Hopefully it's fixed in the master plan.  Or hopefully, the blockage is removed soon.

1xEawsv.jpg

gWLbR3a.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to TMC BioPort: 500-Acre Bio Manufacturing Campus
  • The title was changed to Why Is The Area South Of 610 Undeveloped?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 10:07 PM, Highrise Tower said:

I've been looking at this Loopnet listing for a month. That area has so much potential!  It's mostly contaminated forest land.  These parcels are also located across the 307-Acre UT Research Campus Proposal.

I know there was once a proposal, about 13 years ago, that covered a lot of the Buffalo Speedway forest land  Obviously that was never realized. Here's the Loopnet listing I saw.  Too much information to post in the thread.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Holmes-Rd-and-Buffalo-Speedway-Houston-TX/8791075/

Across Holmes Road from the 320-acre University of Texas purchase, the 115 acres is a Texas Medical Center auxiliary property.

Mostly wooded, the property consists of nine parcels which adjoin the Wildcat Golf Course, of the Houston Texans, the University of Houston Cougars and the Houston Rockets, with frontage on the extension of Buffalo Speedway, one of the most prominent north-south major thoroughfares in Houston and the south side of Holmes Road, a prominent east-west thoroughfare now being 4-laned with curb and gutter and center esplanade over 42" to 48"sewer.

The Loopnet listing was removed!! This listing is not currently being advertised on LoopNet.com.

A little history regarding this Loopnet listing:

The Loopnet listing went Under Contract.  Then a few months later the "Under Contract" was removed from the page. I assumed the deal fell through and the property was no longer under contract. A few months pass by and now the listing has been removed!

I believe some of these parcels are crucial for the completion of the 500-acres that the Texas Medical Center wants. Fingers crossed this means TMC just bought the combined 115-acres.

My knowledge:  Someone, or an entity, is selling 400-acres long Buffalo Speedway.  You then add the above 115-acres and you get a combined 515 acres.  I believe McKeon said something a long the lines of "A 500+ acre campus".  The size might be slightly above the 500-acre mark.

Let's go!!

Edit: Looks like the company failed to renew their monthly subscription. The Loopnet listing was removed per the lack of membership.

MFtsZeY.png

dDCs0hy.jpg

• Like 6