On 8/12/2023 at 8:42 PM, Highrise Tower said:

There are now two Bio Technology Manufacturing developments proposed elsewhere.

I don't know how I feel about that.  If there was just one, centrally located, maybe there would be more traction for leasing. Now, potential clients will have to choose from 3 different Houston-area campuses.

The City of Pasadena recently discussed a TMC BioPort "Spinoff" in their Strategic Plan Five-Year Update June 2023 meeting.

As well already know, now McCord Development is proposed their own Bio Technology Manufacturing campus in Generation Park.

City of Pasadena:

nyqYU5b.jpg

ZGjTxrU.jpg

Generation Park:

OFO00sA.jpg

IDK, competition usually results in better products. I think the 2 other projects may help this one work a little harder. Not a bad thing. They may slow this one a bit, but I think this one definitely has the upper hand in terms of attracting clients.

I don't know how I feel about that.  If there was just one, centrally located, maybe there would be more traction for leasing. Now, potential clients will have to choose from 3 different Houston-area campuses.

The City of Pasadena recently discussed a TMC BioPort "Spinoff" in their Strategic Plan Five-Year Update June 2023 meeting.

As well already know, now McCord Development is proposed their own Bio Technology Manufacturing campus in Generation Park.

City of Pasadena:

nyqYU5b.jpg

ZGjTxrU.jpg

Generation Park:

OFO00sA.jpg

IDK, competition usually results in better products. I think the 2 other projects may help this one work a little harder. Not a bad thing. They may slow this one a bit, but I think this one definitely has the upper hand in terms of attracting clients.

City of Pasadena:

nyqYU5b.jpg

ZGjTxrU.jpg

Generation Park:

OFO00sA.jpg

City of Pasadena:

nyqYU5b.jpg

ZGjTxrU.jpg

Generation Park:

OFO00sA.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Took these photos during my run today.  Noticed the new page didn't have any photos so I thought I should add some.

I call the bridge over Holmes Road, the BioPort Bridge, since once you cross over the bridge, you are now at the TMC BioPort campus. 

Great skyline views! You can clearly see the mass of the Texas Medical Center.  Looking a bit to the left you can see the Williams Tower and some of the Uptown skyline. 

phAy650.jpg

TY2HlmK.jpg

1vcTvQP.jpg

• Like 6

TMC BioPort has been removed from tmc.edu's website.  When clicking the TMC Campuses toggle button, and clicking on BioPort, I receive an Error 404, Page not found.

Anyone want to speculate? Is this project completely dead or did they remove the page until further land negotiations are completed?

I remember how TMC3 development and master planning took about 6 years before construction had started.  I really hope this development gets revived in a year or two!

https://www.tmc.edu/

LXTkQaW.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Unlocking economic opportunity: Attracting, supporting and growing life science innovators at TMC

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2024/01/22/attracting-supporting-and-growing-life-science.html

By Texas Medical Center - January 22, 2024.

Shoring up on-shore manufacturing

In looking to the future, TMC has also taken steps to assure that its proposed BioPort campus, designed to house life science manufacturing facilities, will offer an appealing competitive environment for the US-based production of critical medical supplies and therapies.

Related to that, TMC recently led a successful statewide ballot initiative to eliminate an anti-competitive business tax on the production of medical components and goods. It is estimated that since 2020, Texas has lost 4,000+ new biomanufacturing jobs to other states and missed out on $3 billion+ in medical manufacturing private investments. Said McKeon:

“We are grateful to our partners across the state who joined us in this important economic development effort. With this barrier removed, Houston now has all the ingredients to be a one-stop shop for life sciences companies. That includes leading researchers focused on the science that fuels advanced discovery, outstanding educational and healthcare institutions, a workforce with multi-faceted skills, a strong platform for clinical trials, and an improved environment for US-based manufacturing.”

______

Noticed a patch of woods cut-out the other week and decided to stop by.  The address is 12728 2/3 Buffalo Speedway. Looks like it was small soil remediation and water drainage related.

Ax1kRmB.jpeg

uol1cme.jpeg

iEGO7bP.jpeg

v5nMIGl.jpeg

SS8fkXr.jpeg

NVd0HEQ.jpeg

1Ks4FY6.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For what it's worth, there is a new property marketing flyer listed on Loopnet.

Shame what happened to this proposal. Really hoping there is a capital investor to fund this development sometime soon.  I know that Houston's life science sector really hasn't gained traction yet.  Let's hope it picks up steam soon!

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/700-Holmes-Rd-Houston-TX/28452325/

A select few of the flyer sheets:

1g0gYYM.jpeg.

OlERw8w.jpeg

UidEPLp.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/6/2024 at 10:19 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Shame what happened to this proposal. Really hoping there is a capital investor to fund this development sometime soon.  I know that Houston's life science sector really hasn't gained traction yet.  Let's hope it picks up steam soon!

Huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1