GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

i'm not into people's urine on my yard....just not one of my fetishes.

When I lived in Montrose the only people who urinated on my yard were drunken suburbanites on day trips to see the freak show at the arts festival.

Snob alert!!

In spain, tapas are cool, and tasty. They're cool because what you're really doing is getting drunk at the bar with bus drivers and students and whomever, and eating whatever the put in front of you, like fried chicken livers and grilled sardines and olives and onions and whatnot. None of it comes with raspberry vinagrette.

OK, snobbish rant over. If it's a cool bar with decent execution on apps (tapas, American style = small portioned, expensive apps), then fine. More good bars downtown: yay!

Hey guys, pardon me for not knowing more, and maybe some of you can clear this up for me. Is there still more changes coming to the House of Blues. I mean judging by the latest pictures HOB looks nothing like the renderings. There has got to be a lot more to this, there doesn't seem to be enough see through glass/window. Please tell me that this is not going to resemble anything close to the final product. If so I will be greatly disappointed. Can somebody who knows the scoop, tell me otherwise.

I couldn't upload the pictures, but if you look at the latest constuctions pics out on there website and compare it to the rendering, they look nothing alike. I understand that renderings are just that but jeez! Can some one who is savy with uploads do a side by side comparison of what I am talking about.

Thanks!

Hey guys, pardon me for not knowing more, and maybe some of you can clear this up for me. Is there still more changes coming to the House of Blues. I mean judging by the latest pictures HOB looks nothing like the renderings. There has got to be a lot more to this, there doesn't seem to be enough see through glass/window. Please tell me that this is not going to resemble anything close to the final product. If so I will be greatly disappointed. Can somebody who knows the scoop, tell me otherwise.

I couldn't upload the pictures, but if you look at the latest constuctions pics out on there website and compare it to the rendering, they look nothing alike. I understand that renderings are just that but jeez! Can some one who is savy with uploads do a side by side comparison of what I am talking about.

Thanks!

I am sure it's going to look close to if not identical to the renderings on HP's website. The rendering doesn't show any windows... it looks like there are windows but I don't actually think there are. What you see now will probably be covered up over the next few months with stuff to make it look like the renderings. Of course I don't know for sure, just taking a guess.

Actually, nova is right. Unless they make a lot of changes, it looks nothing like the renderings. Looks like a tin box

hob_lg.jpg

My thoughts was that what you see in the rendering will go around the "tin box" somehow. I could be wrong of course. It's House or Blues... it's going to look good... they all do.

My thoughts was that what you see in the rendering will go around the "tin box" somehow. I could be wrong of course. It's House or Blues... it's going to look good... they all do.

I agree, i think the exterior portion will probably be installed last. Maybe that's me being hopeful that the final design will turn out to be like what's in the renderings -_-

It's House or Blues... it's going to look good... they all do.

But this is Houston 2008. There is very much a possibility ours could break that tradition because doing so would be cheaper. Never underestimate the mediocre underachieving tone that is set in current day Houston.

But this is Houston 2008. There is very much a possibility ours could break that tradition because doing so would be cheaper. Never underestimate the mediocre underachieving tone that is set in current day Houston.

Wow... you are definitely one of those "the glass is half empty" types of individuals. :mellow:

Geez...What a downer. What underachieving tone are you referring to anyway? Compared to many other cities around the country, Houston's doing very very well in growth and project completion.

Actually, nova is right. Unless they make a lot of changes, it looks nothing like the renderings. Looks like a tin box

I am not familiar with all of the HOB locations, but many look like a "tin box" shack - especially its prime location on Sunset in LA. That look reinforces the HOB brand.

Geez...What a downer. What underachieving tone are you referring to anyway? Compared to many other cities around the country, Houston's doing very very well in growth and project completion.

Yeah, but I think he was talking about the quality of local architecture, not local economic growth.

I am not familiar with all of the HOB locations, but many look like a "tin box" shack - especially its prime location on Sunset in LA. That look reinforces the HOB brand.

HOB Chicago -

170807490_b50b530513.jpg?v=0

HOB Houston

2619397141_be04276a94_b.jpg

I'm thinking that what we see is what we get.

dang, that one in Chicago is sweet. But look at our a little closer. Those four small square pieces on the corner. I wonder if that's where the sign is gonna go??? I'm thinkin they're not completely done, but for the most part, yeah. sad...

Yeah, but I think he was talking about the quality of local architecture, not local economic growth.

That's exactly what I was referring to. It is no secret on this site I have been disappointed with the architectural designs chosen for projects in Houston over the past say 10-15 years. For every 2727 Kirby, and Main Place, there are too many other current day projects that could have been so much better.

Maybe what I said was a bit harsh....but was indeed rooted in truth, imo. Sometimes quality designs in relatively small projects like the House of Blues on a consistent basis, can change the architectural tones in a city. Many times architectural designs are chosen to fit in with it's surroundings, but when the surrounding architecture is mediocre, the chances of new buildings having a mediocre quality increases.

When the initial renderings of The Houston Pavillion, and Houston's House of Blues were released, I was very excited primarily because of the design. It had the type of design that can really catch people's eye and bring them in. The design had the potential to make the area appear vibrant and exciting, even if it wasn't. So when I saw how it appears to actually be turning out, I was a bit disappointed and quite frankly, let down. Here is yet another project in Houston that appears to have taken on a mediocre quality, resulting in my lashing out.

Though I mentioned our HOB could break the tradition of them looking good, I know there is very much a chance it will not break that tradition. I hope the HOB turns out fantastic.

Mostly on this particular website. That's my role here. Believe it or not, I think it's needed. ;)

You're not the only one that feels that way. Most new architecture in Houston seems to be sub-par in quality, and not a lot of people appear to care much.