Harrisburg Crossing: Mixed-Use Development At 4400 Harrisburg Blvd.

4thWardBoy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Center For Pursuit: 3-Story Office At Harrisburg & Eastwood
12 minutes ago, pm91 said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/New-Center-for-Pursuit-campus-expands-autism-16140134.php

The Center for Pursuit, which sold its West Dallas Street campus in 2019, will begin moving to the campus in May. The 5.8-acre campus includes two acres north of Harrisburg for future expansion.

Where?? lol

I think it could be the large block (which is currently a surface lot) running along Super St, between Harrisburg and Garrow. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ljchou said:

What an strange term to use.

When someone says "day care" the usual assumption is that it's in reference to children, so the "adult" qualifier is necessary. "Adult day care" is generally understood to refer to places that provide services to elder adults (often with dementia or requiring medical care) or those with developmental disabilities in order to give full-time family caregivers some respite. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

When someone says "day care" the usual assumption is that it's in reference to children, so the "adult" qualifier is necessary. "Adult day care" is generally understood to refer to places that provide services to elder adults (often with dementia or requiring medical care) or those with developmental disabilities in order to give full-time family caregivers some respite. 

That a very demeaning phrase in my opinion for elder services. I though it was a joke about some bar or something. 

16 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

That a very demeaning phrase in my opinion for elder services. I though it was a joke about some bar or something. 

Nope, not a bar - the Center for Pursuit used to be located on Allen Parkway and was previously known as the Center for the Retarded, then as the Center Serving Persons with Mental Retardation before landing on the current name:

https://thecenterforpursuit.org/

Their main focus is adults with developmental disabilities but they provide some elder services as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Center For Pursuit: 3-Story Office At Harrisburg & Eastwood St.
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Center For Pursuit: Office & Residential Non-Profit At 4400 Harrisburg St.
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Lockwood Dr. At Harrisburg Blvd.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Harrisburg Crossing: Mixed-Use Development At 4400 Harrisburg Blvd.