Best Breakfast

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
There's no place better than the Breakfast Klub in midtown. Barnaby's on West Gray is the my second favorite. On weekends if you want to spend a little more, the french toast at benjy's in second to none.

Where is Breakfast club I have heard wonders about that place. Directions please I must try it out.

Where is Breakfast club I have heard wonders about that place. Directions please I must try it out.

yeah, it's really close to the intersection of alabama and main - look for the yellow building with the cutesy spelling

yeah, it's really close to the intersection of alabama and main - look for the yellow building with the cutesy spelling

Julia's Bistro is at the corner of Alabama and Main Street. Directly behind Julia's is Breakfast Klub. You'll know it's the right place when you see the line of people spilling out onto the sidewalk. Don't worry though, they seat/serve you pretty fast in there.

There's no place better than the Breakfast Klub in midtown. Barnaby's on West Gray is the my second favorite. On weekends if you want to spend a little more, the french toast at benjy's in second to none.

I went to breakfast club. I was not amazed. It was good, but it is UNQUESTIONABLY NOT WORTH THE HASSLE of parking and waiting in line.

• 1 year later...

New York Coffee Shop on Hillcroft (just south of Braeswood) has great breakfasts. I saw Marvin Zindler there several times. The folks that work there are very friendly.

Baby Barnaby's is excellent, but the wait can be a killer. I don't understand why they don't open up Barnaby's next door and serve the overflow there.

Frank's on Mangum!!! Apparently there are other Frank's but I haven't been to them. Bacon day-dream time....

Oh yes - I forgot about Franks! I went there for the first time this past Father's Day. That's all my dad wanted - Frank's! We had to wait in line for about 20 min, but it was worth it.

• 11 months later...

I don't know the name of the place, but the donut shop on Montrose and W Gray has outstanding kolaches. And as far as breakfast tacos go, this city has no shortage of great taco joints. Pop in anywhere on N Gessner or in the East End and you'll probably walk away satisfied.

Buffalo Grill's migas are food of the gods for the hung-over.

Or so I hear.

The migas at Buffalo Grill is the food of the gods, hangover or no hangover.

I am currently rotating through the following for best breakfast:

• Harry's
  • Katz'
  • Ziggy's Montrose
  • Le Peep
  • Baba Yega - Saturday Brunch (it's chepaer)

Is that Katz' as in Katz coffee? If so, where is it? I love their coffee when I've had it elsewhere.

I am currently rotating through the following for best breakfast:

• Harry's
  • Katz'
  • Ziggy's Montrose
  • Le Peep
  • Baba Yega - Saturday Brunch (it's chepaer)

Is that Katz' as in Katz coffee? If so, where is it? I love their coffee when I've had it elsewhere.

Not the same "Kat's" and I have avoided them for years but, "One's a meal" that's now located across the street makes a pretty mean breakfast.

Yumm....

Breakfast tacos. Damnit. Now I want some!

The only time I will get breakfast and McD's if there is no other option or craving a McGriddle. They're terrible for you, but ooooh...so good!

Archived