Lakewood Church At 3700 Southwest Fwy.

houstonsemipro

yes there is. They were talking about the waterfalls on one of the news channels, and I heard that the church has 2 waterfalls, though I am not sure where the second one is.

It seems like it is on both sides of the pulpet.

5.jpg

I guess when they have spent this much on renovations two indoor waterfalls are just a drop in the bucket. Just wondering does anyone on this forum go to lakewood?

It seems like it is on both sides of the pulpet.

5.jpg

I guess when they have spent this much on renovations two indoor waterfalls are just a drop in the bucket.  Just wondering does anyone on this forum go to lakewood?

Just to confirm: There ARE two waterfalls on both sides of the pulpit, and there's also three giant videoscreens

Alright, thanks. It makes sense to have them both on both sides of the pulpit or one on one side of the church and one on the other side of the church.

And when I was younger, I used to go with my mom, brother, and my moms ex-boyfriend. But now that I am older and I used to have to work on sundays and also my mom and her ex bf broke up we stopped going to church quite a bit.

yes there is. They were talking about the waterfalls on one of the news channels, and I heard that the church has 2 waterfalls, though I am not sure where the second one is.

I wonder what the former concourses, suites, and food areas look like now.

Think they still got a restaurant in there somewhere?

I wonder what the former concourses, suites, and food areas look like now.

Think they still got a restaurant in there somewhere?

I don't know, good question. They probably do though, so that the attendee's can get a little snack or breackfast before or after the service. But thats just my guess.

One of the Chronicle links earlier in this thread shows a cafe in the new section they built.

Today's the big day (funny, I thought only Catholics had Saturday services...well, and Jews). Tommorrow, they have services at 8:30, 11:00 and 1:00. Steer clear, if you don't plan on going.

Yikes! So Lakewood opened this Saturday and what a total traffic mess it has become. Its like having a Rockets Playoff game every weekend. 59 between Kirby and Wesleyan was totally blocked. I kinda forgot how traffic was with the Summit. Now its back. I bet all the restaurants are going to love it though.

Tony Vallone's son was on TV saying it was good for business. In fact, the cameras caught Rev. Joel himself at Tony's getting a bite to eat. He said he liked the selection of restaurants in the area.

Probably a little more selection than where they used to be.

ByeBye "Princes/Fudruckers" I knew thee!! Seriously...my dad won't even TOUCH that area on Sunday's anymore!! We used to go so much he knew the guy who got interviewed on TV.

and my dad wanted to open a "Nathan's Hotdog" resturant in that strip center! (near Lakewood formly Compaq Center)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...