The great thing about being in the band is you always got to go to the games. You put a lot of time and work into those halftime shows and add so much to the energy. The band sounded great! The student section rocks now! I had an opportunity to sit in the

club level and enjoy all it provides. Its a long way from the old days of Robertson.

• Like 1

I love the Coogs! We tailgate in the RV lot if anyone wants to join our group.

You should swing by the coffee shop and grab a cup of coffee to help you make it through the day :)

what are they doing behind the wellness center? I noticed some construction back there last night.

Edited by samagon

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/education/article/Despite-challenges-UH-wants-to-open-medical-6587323.php?cmpid=btfpm

Despite challenges in raising money and gaining state approval, University of Houston officials are still set on opening a medical school - possibly by 2019 - on the flagship southeast Houston campus.

A medical school, university officials say, wouldn't be merely another token of prestige for UH, which is working to enhance its standing as an elite research institution. Instead, they say, it would meet a need for better health care services in the Third Ward community near the campus. UH already has committed hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop a plan for the school, pay consultants to study its feasibility and hire a "planning dean," tasked with developing a business plan and curriculum.

To open a medical school, however, UH will need state approval and tens of millions of dollars for startup costs. With the University of Texas opening two new medical schools in 2016 and at least two other public universities - the University of North Texas and Sam Houston State University - also pushing for medical schools, another in Houston would be a "tough sell," Raymund Paredes, the state's top higher education official, said in an interview this week.

• Like 3

Texas and A&M share the Permian basin fund money and I don't believe that U. of H. or for that matter any of the other Texas

schools get a penny from that account. I know one of the last times U.of H. requested more money from the state legislature

UT said only if they get more also as if they needed any more money. Of course they got more money. So is the power of being in

the state capital, and half the legislators graduating from either Texas or A&M.

Texas and A&M share the Permian basin fund money and I don't believe that U. of H. or for that matter any of the other Texas

schools get a penny from that account. I know one of the last times U.of H. requested more money from the state legislature

UT said only if they get more also as if they needed any more money. Of course they got more money. So is the power of being in

the state capital, and half the legislators graduating from either Texas or A&M.

Thats correct, all of the permian basin money favors UT and A&M and it won't ever favor other schools like UH or UNT until there is less UT/A&M influence in Texas congress... (but that will likely never happen for a LONG time) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/12/massive-innovation-center-to-be-built-at.html

A group of local investors has formalized an agreement with the University of Houston to build a massive innovation center at the Energy Research Park.

Recently, it formalized the agreement, establishing an 80-year land deal between TCRC and the University of Houston to build two 75,000-square foot office buildings at the Energy Research Park.

The buildings are about finding tenants who want to have close relationships with the university,” said David Franklin, a co-founder of TCRC said. “Anyone who moves into those buildings has access to UH’s core facilities.”

It’s still early for any definitive plans on what the facilities will be used for. Quoz Capital, a new venture capital fund created by TCRC, could take space there, and the University of Houston has indicated to TCRC that it will need space for classrooms and offices as well, Franklin said.

Under the agreement, TCRC has to begin construction on the project within the next 12 to 18 months. The contractor on the project is Nashville-based Echo Construction LLC and the architect is Houston-baed TDCK Architects Inc. The first phase of the project will be a 75,000-square-foot, three-story office building.

• Like 1

Ha. Makes more sense about the backlash against the UT research campus, though this sounds like nothing in size compared to it.

How does this have anything to do with UT? This is energy and business related not medical, I don't get why you are even mentioning it. 

How does this have anything to do with UT? This is energy and business related not medical, I don't get why you are even mentioning it. 

They're both research facilities. True, they're different fields... just interesting timing to me when UH is worried about the UT campus and is trying to secure investors to build their own complex.

• Like 1