Jump to content
HAIF - Houston's original social media

Soccer Shots Houston - 121 St Emanuel


Recommended Posts

Walked by the Gribble Stamp & Stencil building on my way to MMP and noticed that there are renovations underway. It’s certainly a cool building with an interesting layout, so it’s good that it’s being renovated instead of torn down. 

 

cKNnG3O.jpg

 

mcnkIcB.jpg

 

Old Loopnet listing on the property in question:

 

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19940204/121-St-Emanuel-St-Houston-TX/

 

Couldn't find anything else. Anyone know what’s going on with the property?

 

Edited by thedistrict84
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

 

This building is across the street - is this the one you saw ?

 

Untitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

 

yes that's the one, i honestly thought they were part of the same tract because I always just pass by them both quickly and associate them together for some reason. Thanks for the photo. Is there any information on the signage suggesting what kind of tenants they are seeking?

 

edit: That property is located at 2019 Franklin and is listed as sold in 2018 to A & S RISE LLC. It's listed as a commercial new construction.I couldn't find anything additional. 
 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, thedistrict84 said:

Walked by the Gribble Stamp & Stencil building on my way to MMP and noticed that there are renovations underway. It’s certainly a cool building with an interesting layout, so it’s good that it’s being renovated instead of torn down. 

 

cKNnG3O.jpg

 

mcnkIcB.jpg

 

Old Loopnet listing on the property in question:

 

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19940204/121-St-Emanuel-St-Houston-TX/

 

Couldn't find anything else. Anyone know what’s going on with the property?

 

 

Nice pics. Its always nice to visit this one in person. I can picture how beautiful it would be at night, with the right landscape lighting.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So glad all of you enjoy the building my father-in-law built in 1948.  There was a basket running from the second floor, rubber stamp department, to the mail room on the first floor.  Orders rung up and then a simple bell on a rope to send the basket up to bring the completed order down.  The ONLY backyard in down town.  A lot of family history in that 1/2 block.  I'd be interested to know if they are "visited" in the shop area.  I was!  It was friendly.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

You're right. The Gribble Stamp & Stencil Co. building at 121 St Emanuel St, Houston, is being renovated into a Soccer Shots facility.

From Soccer Shot's Facebook last year in May:

We are incredibly exhilarated to share a major update: the location of our new home! Our future permanent headquarters will be located in EaDo, on the corner of Navigation and St. Emanuel, in the old Gribble Stamp and Stencil building. We have a lot of exciting renovations planned over the next year and a half before we officially move in, but are eagerly awaiting the day the restoration is complete. We earnestly expect our central location to allow us to continue to increase the positive impact we are able to have on the city that we love!

https://www.facebook.com/SoccerShotsHoustonTexas/posts/1827691807295419


This location was a good move for their headquarters with BBVA Compass Stadium in close proximity. 

 

 

Yay! 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • HNathoo changed the title to Soccer Shots Houston - 121 St Emanuel
29 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Are they keeping the building or is it a new build?

 

Keeping the old buildings:

 

This is the site of the Gribble Stamp and Stencil manufacturing building built in 1948, and an adjacent, dock-height metal building built in the 1950s. The applicant aims to restore the buildings and reuse them as a new headquarters for Soccer Shots Houston which aims to positively impact children through soccer instruction. The proposed design would convert the existing metal building into a small soccer field, while the two-story manufacturing building would be converted into offices on the ground floor and a small residence on the second floor. Because the buildings were constructed before any setbacks were required there are specific hurdles which must be overcome to make this project feasible. 1. For safety, we are proposing a second means of egress from the residence on the second floor. Because the building is located on the property line on St. Emanuel, the only possible location for a stair to egress directly to the outside is in the rear over the existing building line. 2. In addition, to weatherproof and shade the proposed soccer field, we are proposing to fill the three-foot gap between the two existing buildings with an extended floor and roof.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 2/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

This is awesome for the area!


It would have been awesome-r if it was a bar or restaurant (or really anything open to the public). The layout of the building with the upper patio area would have been an interesting setup, and there aren’t too many options in that immediate area on that side of BBVA Stadium/MMP. 

 

Regardless, it is nice that this is being re-developed. It’s a beautiful building.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:


It would have been awesome-r if it was a bar or restaurant (or really anything open to the public). The layout of the building with the upper patio area would have been an interesting setup, and there aren’t too many options in that immediate area on that side of BBVA Stadium/MMP. 

 

Regardless, it is nice that this is being re-developed. It’s a beautiful building.

Yeah but bars come and go. This is good for the neighborhood and the kids that live in it. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Yeah but bars come and go. This is good for the neighborhood and the kids that live in it. 


I know. And again, I’m glad that they are renovating the building instead of tearing it down and putting up new construction. But these types of old commercial buildings work well as restaurants and bars. Just look down the street at Tout Suite (which will unfortunately be a casualty of the freeway reroute project).

 

As it stands, I now need to (1) have a kid; and (2) hope that he/she really enjoys soccer to be able to enjoy the space in any capacity. It’s a bit disappointing, that’s all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 2:24 PM, thedistrict84 said:


As it stands, I now need to (1) have a kid; and (2) hope that he/she really enjoys soccer to be able to enjoy the space in any capacity. It’s a bit disappointing, that’s all.

 

they also need coaches. their website says so.

 

so you could learn soccer, learn to coach soccer, learn to develop kids into soccer players, make sure you can pass their stringent background check (well, you might want to do that first), and then become a coach.

 

imagine the parents of the kids you are coaching:

 

"which one of them is your kid?"

"none, I just like the view from their main office"

Edited by samagon
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question, whats the building across the street from soccer shots (to the east)? It's a white fenced building that either looks like new construction or a remodel - I assumed it would be part of their offices but it still looks largely untouched.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ljchou said:

I have a question, whats the building across the street from soccer shots (to the east)? It's a white fenced building that either looks like new construction or a remodel - I assumed it would be part of their offices but it still looks largely untouched.

 

Are you talking about the building shown in the May 20th post above ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ljchou said:

yes! Any idea what that'll be used for?

They've been working on it (slowly) for ages....I haven't seen anything other than the little sign that was on it....I'll check it out closer the next time I ride by to see if they have anything different posted....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...