Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

http://caydon.com.au/portfolio-newsletter-overview-from-joe-russo/

Further exciting news, Caydon is expanding to International markets. I am pleased to have purchased a site in Houston, Texas, over the Christmas break to develop a 24 level development. The site was a no brainer - great location close to amenity, transport and infrastructure. We are working with some of America’s best architects to ensure the renowned Caydon quality is carried over to the US, we anticipate construction will commence later this year.

• Like 8

Looking at Google earth of Midtown, the two most obvious blocks are the two blocks bounded by Webster, Gray, Austin, and Crawford.  They have been green field for a while, and I'm not aware of any projects around there that have been announced.  There aren't many other dual vacant blocks; the ones next to Wheeler station had that announced project a while back.

A good spot if they are tearing down parking lot and old buildings might be the blocks between Anita, Rosaile, Milam, and Main or Main, Anita, Drew, and Fannin.  There's still plenty of spots in midtown, but two vacant blocks do seem to be in short supply 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Triton said:

Sounds right. We've been hearing rumors about these lots for years.

I don't believe this "sounds right"...

I would imagine it would be much closer to the light right and ground floor retail.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Avossos said:

I don't believe this "sounds right"...

I would imagine it would be much closer to the light right and ground floor retail.

My money goes on some location around Sears or one of the W Gray lots.. Let's see where it ends up!

Edit: Perhaps Alexan sold their site. We had heard rumors the gas station would be torn down and that an 11 story apartment complex was going up across the street from the old Central Bank Building. It's been fenced up ever since that rumor came out.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 2

I hope they wait to knock any buildings down until this project is a firm go with all financing.  The project sounds great, but seems a bit ambitious in the current market, so would hate to have another empty lot along the rail line if it fails through.   

well the link above specifically mentions that the project is being timed to coincide with the lull in multifamily deliveries anticipated to occur in 2017 and 2018 so it sounds like they understand the market at least somewhat well. be curious to see if they carry through with it - it would be great to get some new perspective on development here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corbs315 said:

See page 11 of this newletter; appears to be next to the superblock (and only minutes away from the Medical Precinct!):

http://caydon.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/COR084-Portfolio-Newsletter-March-2016_DIGITAL_2.pdf?utm_campaign=CAY-General&utm_source=Caydon-EDM&utm_medium=Button&utm_content=View-Full-Newsletter_March-2016-Portfolio-Newsletter

Edit:  Between Art Bar and Greensheet along Main.

Via Streetview:

26175594524_63987e3aa0_b.jpg

26175594394_0c90dc1024_h.jpg

26756143456_e0025afde3_h.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

600 units on one of those blocks with a Piazza? Over exaggeration of the word or a very tall tower. 

My thoughts exactly.. Even if there wasn't a piazza on the same block, 600 units is way more than any other single block development I can think of.. The design/layout of the site should be very interesting. Maybe the piazza would be tucked underneath an elevated structure?

"Caydon's experience in building successful apartment developments

in strategic locations in Melbourne makes them the ideal developer

for these projects."

Ummm... I guess. Kind of a strange sentence. Hope we're not being played like those three buildings in south downtown, Sky, Rise, and Edge, or whatever they were. Huey, Duey, and Louie.