Guilty Pleasures: Movies/Music

Montrose1100

If I listed all of my guilty pleasures I would no doubt come off as a whack job, but I will admit to an occasional weakness for ABBA.   I've actually had a running argument about their greatness with some friends for decades now. 

And James Bond movies, of course!  :D

ABBA rocks.  No shame in that.  :D

• Like 1

I can't say I'm guilty about it, but I  am frequently mocked for my thing for Jason Statham movies. And yes I watched Expendables 2 the first day it appeared on the  Netflix stream. OK a little guilty about that.

As far as synth pop goes, I'm surprised nobobdy mentioned the album of the summer 2013

• Like 1

I can't say I'm guilty about it, but I am frequently mocked for my thing for Jason Statham movies. And yes I watched Expendables 2 the first day it appeared on the Netflix stream. OK a little guilty about that.

You should feel guilty! Haha! I only watched both Crank & Crank 2 because of him. Edited by Montrose1100

"Dancing on my own" is awesome and i'm straight. Should my gf start worrying?

Ha. Yes. After forcing myself to watch that entire video, your girlfriend should definitely be worried. I am a gay dude and have done many gay things, but watching that video might have been the gayest thing I have ever done.

And now I am going to head to a corner and dance on my own...

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to share 3 songs I've been listening to on repeat all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKHZcQF9g1g

"Dreams" - Taken by Trees

Pretty mellow and relaxing. I like the music video, puts me in a good mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwYJyrKK5A

"What you know" - Two Door Cinema Club

This is the one I blast in the car really loud. The music video kinda sucks IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLCkIGV2mw

"Sunlight" - Bag Raiders.

Big guilty pleasure. I jam to this one after a glass of wine when i'm home by myself. Music video is kinda weird but oh well.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just curious about some of you folks, and what might be a guilty pleasure like a movie or a song that you probably shouldn't like, but do.

There's no reason to feel guilty about liking something.  Enjoy it.  Who cares what other people think of what you like.  It's none of their business.  Like what you like, and don't let peer pressure make you believe you shouldn't.  Don't be guilty, be happy.

• Like 1

I like watching classic films. I also watch movies from today so it's not entirely odd. I'm 17 so my family views it with extreme peculiarity. I constantly explain to them that these films have a lot of things today's films don't have. That is talent! I don't know why but the music always gets me when I watch these films, I literally have a playlist devoted to film scores. Enough with my rambling. 

Beyonce and Journey.

I don't even feel guilty about the Hall and Oates, though. That's just good music.

You can't be faulted for liking Beyonce. You're just a stone's throw away from her childhood home on Parkwood Dr.

Mars Attacks

Movies with over the top chases

Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Dwight Yoakam.

Neither a movie nor music:  Lucha libre.

(we shall now return to Architectural Commentary and other more cultured activities)

• 2 weeks later...

in terms of music:

Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC* (those last three i mean can you blame me. I was a 90's kid lol). All these would be guilty pleasures :P

As for movies...really going to have to think about that one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...