Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

it does say "parking deck design subject to change", but assuming it doesnt, yeah interesting. i didnt realize how much vacant space was on the right of the tower and was envisioning (assuming the tower stretched the full block) that the majority of the retail would be along Main. ah well, i will gladly take half a block of retail on Main Street. i forget, was Alliance putting any GFR in at the bottom of their apartments or were they just going to bum off the SkyHouse retail?

i forget, was Alliance putting any GFR in at the bottom of their apartments or were they just going to bum off the SkyHouse retail?

I think one of the requirements to receive the incentive money is to include at least some street level retail in the projects. Makes since because all the qualifying developments seem to include it. No idea if there is a minimum requirement or a certain ratio of apartment units to GFR though.

• Like 1

These pics are a week old, but just wanted to comment on how nicely this building is fitting in.

I was a bit scared earlier on because of the comments about the skyhouse buildings not being anything to shout about, but I like the scale in relation to Houston House and Savoy, and I like how it blends in to the area.

I would not mind it one but if we got 20 more slightly altered Skyhouses downtown.

post-12649-0-06355900-1383765085_thumb.j

post-12649-0-90470000-1383765167_thumb.j

*tilts head*

Ha ha, they are right side up in my phone, I guess I need to knock them over before I post

For them to be right side up, turn your camera horizontal with the shutter button on the right. I used to have the same problem before learning this.

• Like 1

OMG!  I can't believe we're finally getting a Betty's Bakery!!!  Wooo-Hooo!

Seriously though, this thing is making near record time...makes one wonder why it takes so much longer for the other buildings around town? 

most buildings aren't complete duplicates of other buildings. same reason metronational got the nexen and murphy oil buildings constructed so quickly - little time spent in design and duplication of processes during construction.

^You (and the rest of this board just aren't any fun <_< )^

That said, this project seems to just fly upwards.  And yes, I know its not always brain surgury when it comes to building errection.  Simple plans equal simple construction.  I'm sure the folks over at the Weslyn Tower working on the form work are sometimes kicking themselves when working on formwork.