The Sovereign At Regent Square: Multifamily At 3233 W. Dallas St.

Urbannizer

The Sovereign plan was to be included with Regent Square but instead the developers broke apart. Either way its getting built, if it is the construction on region square it would probably be phase 2.

why phase 2 instead of phase 1? Phase 1 has already been cleared for work, whereas Phase 2 still has some Allen Houses on it i believe, and wasnt planned to happen until after phase 1. the construction was definitely about a block or two west of The Sovereign on W Dallas..

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why phase 2 instead of phase 1? Phase 1 has already been cleared for work, whereas Phase 2 still has some Allen Houses on it i believe, and wasnt planned to happen until after phase 1. the construction was definitely about a block or two west of The Sovereign on W Dallas..

I not sure but I think it was posted by Lockmat from an article he read.

I not sure but I think it was posted by Lockmat from an article he read.

The Sovereign is not phase 1?

The document saying phase 2 had begun was one of those quarterly market reports.

I think the construction material you saw was just staging material for the Sovereign - it has been there a long time.

I'm curious about the description in the title of The Sovereign forum.

I thought it was going up on West Dallas and maybe Rochow .

Not Allen Parkway and Dunlavy.

I think the site on Dunlavy and West Dallas has been a staging site and is part of the overall master planned Regent Park.

The Sovereign is  nowhere near Allen parkway and Dunlavy.

I am aware that the overall Regent development does have some frontage on Allen Parkway at Dunlavy but that isn't the Sovereign location is it?

The Sovereign is not phase 1?

The document saying phase 2 had begun was one of those quarterly market reports.

I think the construction material you saw was just staging material for the Sovereign - it has been there a long time.

Oh no, I know that, phase 2 to would be the Drafthouse and multifamily units rights?

This is by far the most disappointing project in recent memory to me. The original drawings for regents were so great, but now we have vacant lots for over 5 years. We finally have a high rise going up, but at a snails pace. and one high rise with suburban style development around it seems like a waste of this land. I guess we can blame the recession (or crappy owners) . . .

This is by far the most disappointing project in recent memory to me. The original drawings for regents were so great, but now we have vacant lots for over 5 years. We finally have a high rise going up, but at a snails pace. and one high rise with suburban style development around it seems like a waste of this land. I guess we can blame the recession (or crappy owners) . . .

i thought the other 29 story tower was supposed to break ground soon/already have broken ground..?

How in jesus' name is the sovereign "suburban style development"??? Get a grip.

swtsig -- please read the post.  i said other than this tower.  I'm talking about the four story apartments they are now planning for next door.  im talking about a great project that was announced more than six years ago and that has netted nothing compared to what was hyped.  is it better than allen house.  it may ultimately be, although it sure as "jesus" isn't today (or for the past five years) with the empty parking lots.  is it extremely disappointing?  To me, yes.  It appears you are satisfied with empty fenced in lots.  

Well there was an article on the chron yesterday saying that the tenants in Allen house have been given notice of eviction so maybe the remaining phases are gaining traction.

My friend lives in allen house, no notice of eviction given yet. I think in the article it said people were speculating one could come any day. But from what he said they've been told it would likely come in 2015, even possibly 2016 due to permits and logistics.

• 2 weeks later...

They are doing one side at time.

Also adding parallel parking on the east side of Rochow, as well as widening and lowering it.

I just went by and saw they are doing it in phases. There is already parallel parking on one part of Rochow my guess is the additional portion will be next to the tower.

Archived