GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I totally agree. I am really excited about House of Blues, Lucky Strike, Pete's Dueling Piano Bar and many of the restaurants... but they need better clothing stores. I would love to see H&M, Gap, Banana Republic, American Eagle, Club Manco... places like these! But hey, anything is better than surface lots! I think that even if upon completion the retail selection is not the greatest... better places will eventually come to Downtown Houston... Downtown just needs to establish itself a bit more, and HP is going to help do that. ^_^

Oooh, what's Club Manco?

Many lonely DT office working gals (and guys) will need to know! ^_^

Kidding, you meant Club Monaco? I think there used to be one in the now defunt River Oaks shopping center section. On the other hand if there really is a Club Manco, then bring it on :)

Oooh, what's Club Manco?

Many lonely DT office working gals (and guys) will need to know! ^_^

Kidding, you meant Club Monaco? I think there used to be one in the now defunt River Oaks shopping center section. On the other hand if there really is a Club Manco, then bring it on :)

Ooops...sorry, I meant Club Monaco. :P he he It's late and my fingers are a bit tired... unfortunately I have several hours of work left.

Yeah it'll be nice to have a Mexican place downtown that will be open long enough hours for me to go there. I'm kinda surprised that there will be another Mia Bella. Is it far enough away from the other one to make sense? To me they are in walking distance, but to the average person, maybe not.

I think there are two new rendering on the website (day & night versions of the same rendering).

Edited by Jax

Uh, it is almost all restaurants, where the hell is the retail?? (Journeys...)

i was thinking the same thing. i really hope they bring in more retail, they should definately have the space. i really wish Virgin Megastore would make an appearance, but thats probably just wishful thinking...

I thought Urban Outfitters was supposed to be on that list?

I really wish they'd put a Movie Theater in the Pavilions like they have up here in Denver Pavilions.

I hope more retail is brought on the scene but even if they run out of space in the Pavilions, they still have all that retail space that's opening up on Main St Square.

Edited by C2H

An Urban Outfitters downtown would be really awesome. Especially since its demographic is the type that would rather go downtown than to a mall (well some of them anyways).

And yeah, there's tones of empty retail space on Main that can be used.

Well both Redcat and Mia Bella have locations close to the Pavilions (walking distance on Main) and more accessible (metro rail) than the Village outfitters, and they are opening up in the Pavilions. I think UO could work downtown as well as in the Village. Although they already have 3 locations in the Houston area (Village, Galleria, Woodlands), and that's more than they have in most metro areas.

American Apparel has a location on Westheimer which is pretty close by car, and they are opening a new one up next door to the Pavilions.

I'm starting to think that American Apparrel is never going to open up downtown. They were supposed to open up in February of 2006. That was almost 2 years ago! Everytime I visit Houston, the building still shows no signs of being converted out of the garage space. What's up with that?

I would think Mia Bella would move to the new location, not keep two restaurants open in the same area. That is to close for two restaurants serving the same area (it is only one train ride away from the other). As for American Apparrel, I think either they backed out, or they are waiting for HP to be built.

Edited by Daniepwils

I would think Mia Bella would move to the new location, not keep the two restaurants open. That is to close for two restaurants serving the same area. As for American Apparrel, I think either they backed out, or they are waiting for HP to be built.

i hope they stay where they are. the older building creates a nice atmosphere.

I agree with you Musicman. The current Mia Bella is really nice. I am surprised they didn't try to come up with a different concept for the restaurant at HP (or maybe that will change?).

What about Red Cat? Is there any rumor of them closing the Market Square location?

I agree with you Musicman. The current Mia Bella is really nice. I am surprised they didn't try to come up with a different concept for the restaurant at HP (or maybe that will change?).

What about Red Cat? Is there any rumor of them closing the Market Square location?

the mia bella people also own cava bistro but that isn't open as much as mia bella. mia bella is definitely a positive for the area. i think it is the only restaurant survivor of the LRT construction yrs. food quality is excellent with reasonable prices!

the supposed red cat move will be interesting. the mgmt of red cat doesn't have a good reputation when you speak with their employees. their employees are treated poorly and end up getting screwed for their mgmt's faults. (long hrs, etc) losing them from market square wouldn't be a loss IMO.

the mia bella people also own cava bistro but that isn't open as much as mia bella. mia bella is definitely a positive for the area. i think it is the only restaurant survivor of the LRT construction yrs. food quality is excellent with reasonable prices!

the supposed red cat move will be interesting. the mgmt of red cat doesn't have a good reputation when you speak with their employees. their employees are treated poorly and end up getting screwed for their mgmt's faults. (long hrs, etc) losing them from market square wouldn't be a loss IMO.

I personally hope the Red Cat doesn't move because if they move to HP , it will leave a big hole in that part of Market SQ

I personally hope the Red Cat doesn't move because if they move to HP , it will leave a big hole in that part of Market SQ

there are already plenty of holes. everything on that block besides red cat is closed.

Edited by musicman