GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Wait, the Pavillions is supposed to open fall 2008? This whole time I've been thinking it wasn't opening til fall 2009? Is that a fast constuction timetable for the pavillions, or is roughly a little over a year and half average for something like the pavillions to be built?

Houston Pavilions is "scheduled" to open in October 2008... of course that could change a bit.

i've wanted to go to a sing-a-long piano bar for years. i heard there was one in the rice village area. i'm happy to hear about pete's and howl at the moon.

Howl-at-the-Moon has been open next to Pub Fiction and Spec's for a while now. I haven't been yet, but my friends say it is pretty nice. I assume it is just like the Howl-at-the-Moon in San Antonio, which is fun. I'm not really into the whole sing-along thing (as much as I in using hyphens apparently :wacko: ), but a nice non-meat-market place to take friends and family for a little drink.

Howl-at-the-Moon has been open next to Pub Fiction and Spec's for a while now. I haven't been yet, but my friends say it is pretty nice. I assume it is just like the Howl-at-the-Moon in San Antonio, which is fun. I'm not really into the whole sing-along thing (as much as I in using hyphens apparently :wacko: ), but a nice non-meat-market place to take friends and family for a little drink.

it's a little more fun after you've had a few drinks

Houston Pavilions= Shamrock
Told yall. This is Shamrock Towers all over again. Groundbreaking pushed back. Then pushed back AGAIN. Then pushed back ridiculously further. Then indefinitely. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna laugh when the date construction was pushed back to rolls around and they say "oh, we had to push the date back again." :lol:

Or even funnier, when they take a page out of shamrocks book and put up "construction fences" around the site to go with the port-o-potty. :lol:

Ah, yes. What a difference 14 topic pages and 9 months make.

ALL gay bars are straight friendly... we love and accept everyone!! :wub:

Love and accept everyone does not equal strait-friendly gay bar.

I've been harrassed and hit on before at South Beach when i was there dancing with a female date. It was honestly like since it was painfully obvious i was one of the few strait guys there.. when i was alone, like going to the restroom, many tried to make me as uncomfortable as possible. Hit on, obscene comments, etc... Stuff that i don't really think every gay person in a gay bar is constantly saying to every other gay bar patron they pass.

If you think love and accept everyone = alright to say gay things to the one of the few obviously strait guys in the place...... That is Not strait friendly. Seriously, if the amount of hitting on i had to endure was typical of what women have to endure at regular bars from dudes, women would never go to bars period.

Course.. if every gay bar is like that.. then we have very differing views on the word 'friendly'.

Love and accept everyone does not equal strait-friendly gay bar.

I've been harrassed and hit on before at South Beach when i was there dancing with a female date. It was honestly like since it was painfully obvious i was one of the few strait guys there.. when i was alone, like going to the restroom, many tried to make me as uncomfortable as possible. Hit on, obscene comments, etc... Stuff that i don't really think every gay person in a gay bar is constantly saying to every other gay bar patron they pass.

If you think love and accept everyone = alright to say gay things to the one of the few obviously strait guys in the place...... That is Not strait friendly. Seriously, if the amount of hitting on i had to endure was typical of what women have to endure at regular bars from dudes, women would never go to bars period.

Course.. if every gay bar is like that.. then we have very differing views on the word 'friendly'.

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you aren't as obviously straight as you think you are? :)

I know this has probably already been stated on here, but I have a question and I dont have time to look through all 36 pages. So hopefully you guys will help me out. I know there was an 11 story building planned for this. I think it was residential which I know was scrapped. Does that mean the 11 story building wasscrapped as well or will that be the office element?

I know this has probably already been stated on here, but I have a question and I dont have time to look through all 36 pages. So hopefully you guys will help me out. I know there was an 11 story building planned for this. I think it was residential which I know was scrapped. Does that mean the 11 story building wasscrapped as well or will that be the office element?

There will be an 11 or 12 story (i believe that's how many stories) office building in Houston Pavilions. 1 or 2 other towers were first proposed... at least 1 was supposed to be residential... that has all been scrapped. So, there will be just one tower, and it will be an office building.

http://www.houstonpavilions.com/render050107/view2_lg.jpg

http://www.houstonpavilions.com/render050107/modelv3_lg.jpg

You know, sometimes it's good to at least breeze through some of our more lengthier discussions to see how the conversations have a tendency to go through various phases and see how the various posts on here show their personalities (or the lack of them) and knowledge (or lack of thereof) stands out.

It also shows how some of us are willing stick our necks out on an assumption. Sometimes they're right, sometimes not. Some eat crow, some don't acknowledge their mistakes.

You also get to see those that just aren't willing to say anything that truly contributes to a conversation.

Go ahead and read, besides editor will appreciate it, it gives him more impressions. :)

Thanks guys. I appriciate your help. It has been a long time since I have been here and Im just trying to get up to speed on things. I won't make being lazy a habit, but 36 pages is a lot to go through!

Do it! Read through the whole thread. :)

Edited by Trae