GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

It could be a mixed blessing that the office portion isn't as grand that they originally wanted.

Smaller businesses would be able to find good space and have plenty of amenities for its size as opposed to getting into a bigger building. a "starter" or "intermediate" office for a growing business, while a larger company can have entire floors for a more reasonable price.

I don't think there have been any changes in the plans for the office portion.

You're welcome! There were surprisingly a lot of people around because of the baseball game. A lot of them were parking on the street and walking to Minute Maid Park, so it was actually a nice day to walk around taking pictures.

I wanted to see how the park was coming along too, but I didn't have enough time to check it out. I'd appreciate any park photos if anybody has any!

While I wouldn't disagree with you as far as international travelers go; From what I've been told, quite a few domestic business and leisure travelers would like are more prominent local stores. The "domestic" business traveler would like more B2B businesses as well (Mailing Center, Reprographics, Office knick knacks, and pens (the brand names escape me) etc). There are certainly quite a few B2B stores around town as it is, they're not always easily located and convenient as far as scheduling goes.

Edited by ricco67

I just checked out the webcam and it seems that they are still working at 10 pm. Looks like they are doing some welding or something at night. I wonder if these long hours are normal, or if they are trying to make up for lost time...

I just checked out the webcam and it seems that they are still working at 10 pm. Looks like they are doing some welding or something at night. I wonder if these long hours are normal, or if they are trying to make up for lost time...

11:37 PM and they are still working. I would guess they are making up for lost time. Maybe a combination of making up for the time lost due to weather this summer and the time lost due to the delayed start of construction on this project.

11:37 PM and they are still working. I would guess they are making up for lost time. Maybe a combination of making up for the time lost due to weather this summer and the time lost due to the delayed start of construction on this project.

From what I understand, they were working late on quite a bit of it since construction started. I have a feeling the schedule was more ambitious than they intended it to be from the get go.

They might be normal. I remember when I lived at Dakota Lofts some night I'd be able to see welders' sparks cascading from some building that was going up downtown. Back then I didn't get home from work until about 10:15, so it was pretty late when I saw them.

Even though I drive by this (and all the other construction sites) every day, I was surprised today when I noticed the latest floor on the eastern most block. The beams are angled towards the lower floor. I wonder if this is where HOB is going to be.

it may also have to do with the heat.

.........scratch that. my brother-in-law was a welder and they worked in high temperatures all day long. i was thinking that the solder might not cool fast enough in high heat. my bad.

Edited by bachanon

All three blocks were busy today. Foot traffic along Dallas and Lamar was very busy. Also the blocks that they cross from HP west were full of people as well. There is a good vibe DT. It is very exciting.... More Good News With billions being invested into new construction DT, the investors must know how great DT is becoming and what it will be...........

Very good news. Do we have any other piano bars in town?

I went to my first in Vegas. It's kind of fun. But you can tell the players kind of had a routine down and we stayed about 30 minutes too long as we saw it repeated.

I think this will be a very good fit for the pavilions.

Wait, the Pavillions is supposed to open fall 2008? This whole time I've been thinking it wasn't opening til fall 2009? Is that a fast constuction timetable for the pavillions, or is roughly a little over a year and half average for something like the pavillions to be built?