GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

The parking garage for this will be at main and polk. I don't remember talking about this. did we?

I'm betting most of you aren't too excited about that.

And why does the website four city blocks will be transformed, yet in their maps, only three blocks are highlighted for the project?

Edited by lockmat

There's a local commercial currently airing promoting the Rockets' upcoming season and in the last shot where Tracy McGrady and a crowd of people are facing Toyota Center, some of the construction from the Pavilions, such as the cranes are visible.

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

wait! I thought they were building a parking garage, not using an existing one! Can anyone confirm this?

I thought the parking garage was going to be the lot closest to the Hilton Hotel.

Nvm, I looked at the renderings of the new version and it looks like they are using the existing parking garage already in place.

Edited by Daniepwils

wait! I thought they were building a parking garage, not using an existing one! Can anyone confirm this?

I thought the parking garage was going to be the lot closest to the Hilton Hotel.

Nvm, I looked at the renderings of the new version and it looks like they are using the existing parking garage already in place.

yeah the garage across the street just south of the 2nd lot i think is the garage they're going to use. The first 3 blocks are land dedicated to the actual Pavilions itself

yeah the garage across the street just south of the 2nd lot i think is the garage they're going to use. The first 3 blocks are land dedicated to the actual Pavilions itself

No. The garage is the one across the street to the south of the first lot (or third lot, depending on which end you start from...) It's the garage on the block bound by Main, Polk, Fannin, & Clay. There will be a skybridge across Polk connecting to the 2nd level of HP.

I drove around all of the construction sites yesterday as I left work (HP, Main Tower, Fingers, park). While all were showing distinct signs of progress, as shown by the photos posted, none makes as big a statement currently as Houston Pavillions. The 3 blocks have a completely filled in look now, giving that area a look and feel never before seen. It was very impressive. Sometimes it is hard to imagine how a completed structure will affect the area. Looking at it now, it is easy to see what 3 full blocks of retail will do for the area.

Excllent Pics Channle Two! I was readin some weeks back someone posted the builder wished they kept the office space in HP, and I think it was 13 news(not sure) that reported that all areas of Houston were seeing office space was in High demand, so why did they scrap it if office space is at a premium in Houston?

Not only that, but every downtown worker has been curious about it as well.

You'd be amazed how many people don't really know what it is yet.

That's good to know. I'm sure when they drive by and actually see the store signs, they'll know. Plus, I'm sure the news stations will cover it.

I really think it's gonna be a big hit. The new IT place to shop, even though a lot of the stores may not be new or premiere.

Here's a block-by-block look at the project from this morning...

Wow great pictures ChannelTwoNews!! :D I have been meaning to drive by and see the progress of HP and the other projects Downtown. Looks like the office tower is halfway up floor-wise. 1 year to go!

Segways look so dorky.

I wouldn't say that to their face, it's a GANG of segway users.

they might taunt you more for not having one.

I spotted that same gang earlier in the day over the Market Square and believe it or not, there is an even larger group I ran into (almost literally) over in the woodlands.