For All Who Have Degrees...

emirate25

Yep, degree is in accounting, and I support accounting systems, where the in depth knowledge gives me a huge step up over the straight IT grads (the ones who ask "what's a debit, and why are they important?")

Undergrad and Graduate in accounting and still work in the field, though it has only been 2 1/2 years since I graduated. It isn't glamorous but it pays the bills!!!

Oil and gas accounting can actually get pretty interesting....but maybe I am a dork like that...

Oil and gas accounting can actually get pretty interesting....but maybe I am a dork like that...

That was my forte for over 15 years and now it's Software, what a switch. I still have the Oil/Gas/Energy background/experience in my heart though. With a recession looming ever so near, I may have to stay put though.

Fiddle sticks. :angry:

PS Brerr, Finance is where its at. Finance.

That was my forte for over 15 years and now it's Software, what a switch. I still have the Oil/Gas/Energy background/experience in my heart though. With a recession looming ever so near, I may have to stay put though.

Hmmm...seems to me the recession will most likely hit software much harder than the oil and gas industry...I would think it a good time to switch back....

Undergad and Grad in Finance and yes I work for a major energy company in an area if Finance. Back when I traded for a living, no not really but other than betting some one elses money in Vegas nothing really gets your ready for that.

I have been toying with the idea of getting into trading, starting with the trade accounting and then eventually trading commodities myself...what did you trade? Why did you leave??? If I can e-pick your brain...

Archived