One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice. I drive by it everyday and can tell they are working hard to get this up and running. Can't wait to see how vibrant this area will be once all of the restaurants at GRB and the Marriott Marquis are complete as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I walked by this the other day.  Wow, that is a lot of steel!   When this was announced, I assumed that the restaraunt would be inside the building with some kind of "covered patio" outside.    It now looks like it will be a huge indoor space with maybe "sliding doors" that might open to the outside?

wow!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CNN has an article and video about Brasserie du Parc and the exploding Houston restaurant scene. The nation is taking notice!

"Do yourself a favor and, for a moment, put aside what you think you know about Houston.

Despite what may come to mind -- cowboys, oil tycoons, urban sprawl -- Houston has emerged as a culinary powerhouse, attracting top kitchen talent from around the world. And with 140,000 out-of-towners expected for the Super Bowl in February, the city is ready to impress.
Critics have already taken notice: The New York Times last year called Houston "one of the great eating capitals of America," The Washington Post listed the area as one of the nation's best food cities and the Bayou City recently welcomed Anthony Bourdain and his film crew for an episode of CNN's "Parts Unknown.""

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/foodanddrink/houston-restaurants-philippe-verpiand-brasserie/

"That's because Brasserie du Parc – a new French bistro from the owners of Etoile Cuisine et Bar – is due to open in a tres chic outpost on the northern lip of Discovery Green at the base of One Park Place tower. Monday Jan. 30 is the day chef Philippe Verpiand and his wife and business partner, Monica Bui, plan to open their restaurant with its walk-up window for crepes called Creperie du Parc. And just in time to catch the hordes of out-of-towners expected to take in all the Super Bowl action at Discovery Green and George R. Brown Convention Center."

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/First-look-Brasserie-du-Parc-10887314.php

14 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

This restaurant is open.  Went there today.  Extremely good, casual French cuisine.  I recommend.  Hopefully they are a great success!  

Went there for dinner last Wednesday and for brunch on Sunday. Agree - extremely good. As soon as Discovery Green removes its fences, the patio views will be top tier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to One Park Place Apartments
  • 10 months later...

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/See-what-Houston-s-Super-Bowl-party-central-10903581.php#photo-12298487

I was looking through these photos the other day and it looks like the One Park Place block was an old park.  Was this a private park?  I assume if it was public it would have been included with Discovery Green.  

Also, you can see the Medical Arts Building in one photo.  What a loss.  

41 minutes ago, ttuchris said:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/See-what-Houston-s-Super-Bowl-party-central-10903581.php#photo-12298487

I was looking through these photos the other day and it looks like the One Park Place block was an old park.  Was this a private park?  I assume if it was public it would have been included with Discovery Green.  

I think it was a private park for Houston Center and then they sold the land to Finger.

Yes, it was a little park.  When they built Discovery Green and One Park Place, the park space "moved" a block east to cover up parking lots that used to be where Discovery Green is now.  That's why the Shops at Houston Center used to be called the Park Shops because the balcony overlooked the park (now it overlooks Phoenicia).

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 10:46 AM, ttuchris said:

Trust me this wasn't a loss. I was 18 when the SB was here and it was dramatically better the next go around. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 8:15 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Trust me this wasn't a loss. I was 18 when the SB was here and it was dramatically better the next go around. 

Years ago you could seat out in  a balcony at the downtown mall and see a park of sorts.  This was before One Park Place. It was nice, but things IMO, are much better now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 8:00 PM, Twinsanity02 said:

Years ago you could seat out in  a balcony at the downtown mall and see a park of sorts.  This was before One Park Place. It was nice, but things IMO, are much better now.

Right, I want to say it was maybe private, and nothing special. All I recall were huge hedges and maybe a sculpture.  

Phonecia alone was worth losing that park, having DG nearby would have made it a poor option anyway. 

• The title was changed to One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

Archived