Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

14-Story, 325-Room Hyatt House/ Hyatt Place Hotel Planned @Fannin/OST

Urbannizer    30054

Hotel boom on the way for the TMC!

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/12/hotel-planned-for-texas-medical-center-area.html

Houston-based Medical Center Fannin OST Investments LP recently bought 7329 Fannin and 1803 Old Spanish Trail from Houston’s Dixon Financial Services Ltd. Tom Condon Jr. with Colliers’ Woodlands office represented the buyer, andLouis Smith with Houston-based SRC Properties represented the seller.

The buyer plans to redevelop the 1.3-acre site into two nationally branded hotels, totaling 325 rooms. A restaurant is planned for the ground floor, and parking will be on the upper levels, according to Colliers.

The project is scheduled to break ground in late 2016, and construction is expected to be complete by mid-2018, according to Colliers. HarDam Hotels LLC President James Guillory Jr. of Houston will develop the project.

• Like 5

Urbannizer    30054

Here's an overhead look at the site, I don't believe it includes the Subway near the intersection. I can see this area being redeveloped rather quickly if the TMC Research Campus comes together.

23983869751_53f0c05f54_o.jpg

Street View: https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6963827,-95.4009156,3a,75y,76.96h,83.67t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXZ4LPX3vCjb1RXsNxJW8LQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Urbannizer    30054

Two nationally branded hotels? So like the Hyatt/Hyatt Regency duo in Uptown?

Sound more like two brands within one building here, similar to Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites.

Curious.  I would have thought this would be intended for the larger site across the street.  I will have to be on the lookout for construction on the drive back from the UT Rec Center.

Edit:  I suppose the land to the south may be owned by M.D. Anderson and slated for their future expansion next to the proposed TMC3.  I do not have a good feel for this area and the proposed future developments.

Edited by houstontexasjack

corbs315    228

Curious.  I would have thought this would be intended for the larger site across the street.  I will have to be on the lookout for construction on the drive back from the UT Rec Center.

Ha; see you there!

Moonb007    48

I can't image all of these hotels being full.  This is like the 7th hotel project announced in this area. 

Urbannizer    30054

14-Story Hyatt House/Hyatt Place, currently on the planning commission.

36548164402_e96882530f_b.jpg

36671464786_730a2945d1_b.jpg

• Like 8

monarch    2759

^^^ lovely design, and quite appropriate for this burgeoning area.....

• Like 1

jmancuso    21

Is this going to be built around that Subway or knock it down? Also, wasn't there a Hilton planned for this area? Same intersection? I work in UT tower so I will be able to watch this go up.

Naviguessor    1184

A Hot Mess.  Looks like the last time Houston combined two brands and we got the Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites.  But, at least those two concepts were back to back. This one make it look like the Hyatt House architects had no idea what the Hyatt Place guys were up to...until yesterday.  And the Parking Garage doesn't help, as usual.   

• Like 1

OkieEric    383

Quite the hotel boom for TMC...there are these 2, the Blossom hotel, the Intercontinental, the Embassy suites (which has had some permitting activity lately), the new Residence Inn (appears to finally be happening), and various other smaller, new hotels that have popped up along South main.  There's also the supposed TMC3 hotel as well, but who knows if/when that one will ever come together

• Like 1