River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

I dont recall seeing this posted...but this just opened this month and is located in that weird building at 2400 Midlane off Westheimer just east of River Oaks District and honestly i didn't like or understand this building until this opened...i drove by the other night and really liked the "neighborhood feel" of this place...and the place was buzzing too! i was shocked haha! 

http://www.houstonpress.com/restaurants/first-look-at-eloise-nichols-grill-and-liquors-8952219

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Any word on the rumored Equinox Hotel? Would have a huge impact on ROD.

^^^ i'm praying that at some point this year OLIVER MCMILLAN shall indeed announce the new hospitality brand aligned for this magnificent mixed use development.  fingers crossed....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The new retail center on Westheimer, between Mid Lane and West Lane, will see the move and reopening of LePeep Restaurant.  It'll be on West Lane toward the back.  Another sign of River Oaks District expansion?  Perhaps, but as others have noted, it all depends on the ink drying on hotel deal and or a major office tenant to anchor.

The new fusion (Asian-Mexican) restaurant in ROD is taking forever to build out, too.  On Bettis in the back near the iPic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

Is this part of ROD though? The site plan doesn't stops short of where the steakhouse (I think that's what it is) is, correct? Or am I making things up

^^^ phase II of ROD.

• Like 2

http://swamplot.com/the-equinox-hotel-moving-in-a-few-doors-down-from-the-equinox-fitness-club-in-the-river-oaks-district/2017-07-07/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+swamplot+(Swamplot%3A+Houston's+Real+Estate+Landscape)

equinox-map.jpg

river-oaks-district-phase-ii-old-render.

^^^ SWAMPLOT'S birdseye view.. of the lot and concept rendering right across from ROD of the proposed EQUINOX HOTEL RIVER OAKS.

Edited by monarch
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, monarch said:

Swamplot says this is a rendering of the "imagined hotel" from 2015, long before Equinox got involved. Although the small first floor plan shown on Swamplot (that's actually from Equinox) argues that the building should be quite slender, and thus tall. Fingers crossed.

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Tee-hee-hee. I didn't want to bother Urb and ask him in a message. I probably annoy him with my questions. I took my chances asking publicly.

Feel free to ask me anyting. Eagerly waiting for more on this one, searched to no avail. :ph34r: If I come across something it will be posted here shortly after.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Went to CAVO Coffee this afternoon.  The ROD! Arabella and other buildings were just glaring over the shopping center.

Nice bench

l6VKEan.jpg

Arabella & Amegy

c1b1S9i.jpg

The Wilshire and Arabella

Kv75QbT.jpg

CAVO Coffee. The (once) Chef turned Barista mentioned their spot at ROD is only a pop-up location. For a few months. I believe they're testing out the fit? Seeing if a high end coffee shop does well at a luxury shopping center.

voqLIHi.jpg

Since it's a pop-up location they do not serve espresso drinks in glass. To-go cups only.

UkVkn01.jpg

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Avossos said:

I sure hope they are grabbing those pieces of land off the bayou...

* River Oaks District V2 at Shepard and Dallas st?

* Buys out Regent Square?

* Both?

Buy out Target and expand the existing. They would have to pay way above market for the land though since they are locked in. Unless they worked out some sort of deal with Target a few years ago.

• Like 1