http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4548794.html

Brian Ching just signed a contract extention with Dynamo! According to this, they're working on an extention contract for DeRo as well.

That is good news...but hopefully the EPL will come calling for DeRo before too long. I think he has the talent to go overseas.

• 2 weeks later...
Dynamo coming to Bryan-College Station

The Houston Dynamo soccer team solved its parking problems by moving its first international match to Aggieland, where the Dynamo hope to find fans eager to see professional soccer and willing to overlook the team's primary color - orange.

Dynamo officials announced Monday that they will play their home match against Puntarenas FC of Costa Rica in the first round of the CONCACAF Champions' Cup at the Aggie Soccer Stadium on March 1.

View the remainder of the story here.

Houston Dynamo to play

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but Dynamo's been kicking some serious ass in the CCC so far. They beat the current SudaAmerica champs Pachuca 2-0 last night, and are getting ready for a showdown in Mexico City against them April 5th. If Houston wins there, it will be the first time in history that ANY American team, professional or national, has beaten a Mexican team on Mexico soil.

The game's gonna be on FSC, and a few other channels, but the major watch party will be at the Mezzanine that night.

I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but Dynamo's been kicking some serious ass in the CCC so far. They beat the current SudaAmerica champs Pachuca 2-0 last night, and are getting ready for a showdown in Mexico City against them April 5th. If Houston wins there, it will be the first time in history that ANY American team, professional or national, has beaten a Mexican team on Mexico soil.

The game's gonna be on FSC, and a few other channels, but the major watch party will be at the Mezzanine that night.

I was at that game, it was awesome! We were sitting in a section where we were some of the only Dynamo fans so it was nice to be able to just smile and talk some trash to the pa choke ah people. It was also really cool to see the Dynamo live in action again for the first time since last summer. Go Dynamo!

April 5th plans

For those in Houston looking for the big Dynamo/Pachuca watch party here, it will be at the Mezzanine on 59 and S.Shepard. Get there early, 'cause it's gonna be jam packed.

Also, for the Dynamo fans in Austin, there will be a watch party there at the Fado Irish Pub on 4th Street. Word on the street has it that it may be packed there also, so take notice.

There's also a good amount of fans going to Mexico City to watch the game in person. Should be interesting to see an entire section of a Mexican stadium filled with H-Town's craziest. Can't remember the last time I've heard of Houston sports fans going out of country for a game before, but mad respect.

There may be more announcements as the day go on until the big showdown. I'll post pics from the Mezz the day after.

H-TOWN ROCKS!

• 1 month later...

Fox Sports story

Dynamo page story

yhd3xkAt.jpg

Not sure if it was posted already, but for the April 29th game against Chicago (the first Houston home-game since the incident) the Dynamo will be wearing special VT-colored Dynamo jerseys, which will be auctioned off after the game at Robertson Stadium and online.

Also, $8 from each ticket sold that game will go to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund. The game is Sunday at 6pm.

i bet a large part of the fund is gonig to refund parents for the college education. I know i wouldn't want to pay towards my childs education for another 10 years after he just died, plus i would probably want atleast some of the money back for the education. I don't know if parents are going to sue, but that could hurt the university too.

I think it's a great gesture on the part of the team. I'm sure some other teams in all the professional or even amatuer leagues are doing the same thing, but this is the first I have heard of it. What could you find wrong in giving to help a school and community that has been devastated to the extent of Virginia Tech?

Fox Sports story

Dynamo page story

yhd3xkAt.jpg

Not sure if it was posted already, but for the April 29th game against Chicago (the first Houston home-game since the incident) the Dynamo will be wearing special VT-colored Dynamo jerseys, which will be auctioned off after the game at Robertson Stadium and online.

Also, $8 from each ticket sold that game will go to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund. The game is Sunday at 6pm.

Yeah, I heard this on Fox Sports Radio a few nights ago. The Dynamo are doing are good thing.

Why do they need a fundraiser?

Unless it is to pay for the funerals of the kids, it is retarded to have a fund raiser.

There are always expenses associated with burials and funerals. All the intangible costs outside of the actual burial such as travel, lodging, etc. I am not sure, but I don't think the families at VA Tech are considered the super wealthy.

There are always expenses associated with burials and funerals. All the intangible costs outside of the actual burial such as travel, lodging, etc. I am not sure, but I don't think the families at VA Tech are considered the super wealthy.

has nothing to do with whether they are wealthy, his comments were in poor taste.

Bullshit. ----^

You sir (and others here) are victims of our national victim mentality.

There is no rational reason for a fund raiser for them outside of covering funeral costs.

You might find it in poor taste, but it doesn't mean it isn't right.

I am not speaking down about the victims, I just don't see a rational reason for a fund raiser. I don't see how it will benefit the victims families (aside from funeral costs).

We live in a country where it seems money cures everything. It doesn't.

I feel for the families, I just don't see where a fund raiser will benefit them.

If you think this fund raiser is for anything other than driving ticket sales, you're gullible.

Political correctness is a crock, deal with it.

Edited by gwilson

Bullshit. ----^

You sir (and others here) are victims of our national victim mentality.

There is no rational reason for a fund raiser for them outside of covering funeral costs.

You might find it in poor taste, but it doesn't mean it isn't right.

I am not speaking down about the victims, I just don't see a rational reason for a fund raiser. I don't see how it will benefit the victims families (aside from funeral costs).

We live in a country where it seems money cures everything. It doesn't.

I feel for the families, I just don't see where a fund raiser will benefit them.

If you think this fund raiser is for anything other than driving ticket sales, you're gullible.

Political correctness is a crock, deal with it.

i personally could care less about the fundraiser. Your comments are just offensive and definitely do a disservice to those killed.

When I was about 12 years old, my grandfather died. My parents loaded up the car, and we drove to Rocky Mount, NC to comfort my grandmother, and to prepare for the funeral. Throughout the day, longtime neighbors and friends arrived to express condolences and offer comfort. Many of them brought food, so that my mother and her sisters, as well as my grandmother, would not be burdened with cooking for the crowd of relatives who had arrived for the funeral. It was customary to do this. Not only did it help the grieving, just as importantly, it allowed the neighbors and friends to do something to help. It was done as much to make the neighbors feel better by contributing as to relieve the family of the chore of cooking.

The Virginia Tech shootings have become a national tragedy. Millions of people across the country, as they watch the grieving students, ache to do something to relieve their pain. As bringing a plate of food is unfeasible, many have turned to donating money as a means to symbolically bring food. Again, this is done as much to help the givers feel helpful as it is to defray costs associated with the tragedy. It really does feel better to give than receive.

For some reason, gwilson feels offended at this outpouring of emotion. He is not alone, as I have seen 2 or 3 posters on another forum express these same sentiments. As he uses an ultra-conservative catch phrase, "victim mentality", I suspect his offense may be linked to some political pundit who said something similar. It matters not. What matters is that gwilson apparently takes offense at people expressing sadness and sorrow for grieving relatives of the deceased. I am not angry at gwilson. I pity him and others whose hearts have so hardened that they can express anger at the sight of others offering comfort during a time of mourning, even if that comfort takes the form of a cash donation.

I hope that gwilson is alone in his feelings. To think that this country may have become so crass and uncaring as to become offended at offering comfort to the grieving is to acknowledge the complete and utter breakdown of community. I don't think it has come to that, though. The fact that there ARE fundraisers for gwilson to rant about confirms that there are still a few left who care about their neighbors. And I am comforted by that.

• 1 month later...

Dynamo 2-1 over FC Dallas today...It was a great game to go to, if you didn't mind a little sun and heat. Coming from behind is a good sign, especially considering we came back without DeRosario in the lineup. After Onstad was sent off with something around 20 minutes to go, it was good to see the Dynamo hold on to the win down a man. Maybe we can start to build some momentum and get back on the winning side of the ball again...

Dynamo 2-1 over FC Dallas today...It was a great game to go to, if you didn't mind a little sun and heat. Coming from behind is a good sign, especially considering we came back without DeRosario in the lineup. After Onstad was sent off with something around 20 minutes to go, it was good to see the Dynamo hold on to the win down a man. Maybe we can start to build some momentum and get back on the winning side of the ball again...

Yep, got the first ESPN2 Thursday night home game this week, too B)

Onstad got deservingly sent off (tackling the daylights out of an FC Dallas dude about to score), but that tackle saved the game. Very professional red card, I must say. If U do it, do it right :)

Yea I was watching the game on the spanish channel because the quality was alot better than on channel 55, NE ways I agree that play pretty much won the game. Pat did hit him hard, but he did go over and check on the guy and make sure he was not hurt bad. The guy like rolled over 2 or 3 times!!!

I was at the FC Dallas game, it was a good win. Does anyone know anymore about the stadium? I have not heard/read anything since that late May time that they had some deadline for.

Cheers

Edit:

Found my answer.

Edited by 4RingsCircus

• 4 months later...

Did any one watch the Dynamo Real Salt Lake game. I was watching the AlCS and was flipping through my guide and saw the Dynamo were playing and as soon as I put it on Stuart Holden scored the game's lone goal in the 66th minute it was awesome which means the Dynamo moved to within one point of the Western Conference leading Chivas USA -- and the two teams play each other Saturday evening at The Home Depot Center. The winner of that game would hold home-field advantage throughout the playoffs and for any potential conference championship game for a berth in MLS Cup 2007.

link

to the standings

Did any one watch the Dynamo Real Salt Lake game. I was watching the AlCS and was flipping through my guide and saw the Dynamo were playing and as soon as I put it on Stuart Holden scored the game's lone goal in the 66th minute it was awesome which means the Dynamo moved to within one point of the Western Conference leading Chivas USA -- and the two teams play each other Saturday evening at The Home Depot Center. The winner of that game would hold home-field advantage throughout the playoffs and for any potential conference championship game for a berth in MLS Cup 2007.

link

to the standings

Definately gonna be at da Mezzanine party for that one B)

saturday's game is going to be tough with so many players out due to suspensions... but it should still be a great game. home field in the conference finals will be key.

first home playoff game is set for Nov 2nd at 7:30pm at Robertson. though we don't know our opponent yet...