I'm glad we won.

But these kind of rules is what keeps the average American fan from liking soccer. What a stupid rule

I disagree. I loved it personally. It turns the series into whoever scores the most goals in two games wins. It also didn't stop over 30,000 from showing up.

Back to the game; it was beyond crazy. Hundreds of people traveled from Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, etc. for the match last night, and it was so packed that all the stairs at Robertson became areas to stand. The party atmosphere afterward was unbelievable, too.

I disagree. I loved it personally. It turns the series into whoever scores the most goals in two games wins. It also didn't stop over 30,000 from showing up.

Back to the game; it was beyond crazy. Hundreds of people traveled from Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, etc. for the match last night, and it was so packed that all the stairs at Robertson became areas to stand. The party atmosphere afterward was unbelievable, too.

I agree its so hard to score goals, thats why alot of games end in ties.

I disagree. I love this rule.

Why keep track of wins and losses then?

I'm starting to come around to soccer, but this stupid rule isn't helping.

Another thing holding back soccer as a sport are all the cry babies. Granted, basketball has it's whiners and complainers, but soccer players are always going down like titty-babies acting like they're hurt. It's just ridiculous.

Another thing holding back soccer as a sport are all the cry babies. Granted, basketball has it's whiners and complainers, but soccer players are always going down like titty-babies acting like they're hurt. It's just ridiculous.

Unlike the other sports, there really is no "time out", so the guys are generally tired after running the entire game, unless they're taken out for a strategic move. Also consider the fact that there are two reasons for them falling down like they do:

One: no padding. Getting hit in the chins or whatever HURTS, especially if they get nailed by a shoe. Take a body hit like them and then come back to see if they're truly whiners.

Two: Just like in basketball, they try to act it up so they can get a penalty.

Unlike the other sports, there really is no "time out", so the guys are generally tired after running the entire game, unless they're taken out for a strategic move. Also consider the fact that there are two reasons for them falling down like they do:

One: no padding. Getting hit in the chins or whatever HURTS, especially if they get nailed by a shoe. Take a body hit like them and then come back to see if they're truly whiners.

Two: Just like in basketball, they try to act it up so they can get a penalty.

Those are respectable answers, I guess.

Maybe your second point explains this, but if they're so hurt, why don't they come out of the game at least for a little while, to recover. The way they squirm makes us believe they're about to die, yet they just get back up and start playin like nothing happened.

And I don't know too many soccer rules. What are the rules on timeouts and substitutions? Or is it too long to explain?

Those are respectable answers, I guess.

Maybe your second point explains this, but if they're so hurt, why don't they come out of the game at least for a little while, to recover. The way they squirm makes us believe they're about to die, yet they just get back up and start playin like nothing happened.

And I don't know too many soccer rules. What are the rules on timeouts and substitutions? Or is it too long to explain?

I think I got the hook up:)

1) About the people that act like they're hurt but aren't. Sure, it happens in basketball, football, and other sports as well, but the reason why some do it more dramatically in soccer is just to get the referee's attention and deceive them. It's not a part of the game; it's just the personality of certain players. Most players don't do that, but the ones that do stand out and are chastized and hated on for that by the fans. Some players get kicked out of the game (yellow/red card) for getting caught doing that, or are fined after the game.

2) About the timeouts; there are none. The clock keeps running for 45 minutes for both halfs. The only time play stops is when the ball goes out of bounce, there's a person injured or distracting the referee, or if there's a problem in the stadium beyond the game's control (blackout in the stadium, lightning, etc.) At the end of the half, however amount of time was stopped because of injury during the game gets added on to the 45 minutes, and the half stops when the referee decides that the injury time has expired.

3) There are only three substitutions per team. If you run out of subs and someone on the field gets injured, you have one less player on the field. If someone gets a red card (or two yellow cards. Basically an ejection), it's one less player on the field for that team for the rest of the game.

Cool. Thanks for the explanation.

I'm glad those sissy's are hated. It's absolutely lame the way they play possum. Plus, it makes me feel better that they're not accepted.

No prob:)

---------------

Back into the news; there's a story shaking the sports world back in California. It's being reported that LA Galaxy coach Frank Yallop has resigned from that club to become coach of the San Jose Earthquakes. It's big for three reasons:

1) It ends the rumor that Houston's coach was being pursued by San Jose

2) Yallop is the one that coached the original Earthquakes to their first championships, and was considered the most popular coach in the Bay area

3) It may mean that LA Galaxy are plotting a signing even bigger than David Beckham in the coming weeks; via coach. Rumors have it that Jurgen Klinsmann, Steve McClaren, Jose Mourinho, and Frank Capello are all the top candidates. McClaren is the current England National team coach, but the other three are the highest-coveted and most heavily pursued coaches for Premiership, La Liga, Serie A, and national coaching jobs.

Wow, I hadn't heard all that information about the coaching job in LA. I heard the rumor about Zidane coming to MLS a long time ago, but nothing since then, is there anything there?

And how bout those Dynamo's coming back on the "oops" from the big d??? RE PEAT!!!

there is supposed to be an announcement on Ching's status tomorrow. we have a great team, but his presence will be missed. even when he's not scoring he draws defenders and opens things up.

so far there are close to 100 people from the supporter's group headed to DC confirmed, and I'm sure a lot of others as well. hopefully they'll be at least one full section of orange next sunday!