• INTP
    • ENFJ
    • INFJ
    • ENFP
    • INFP

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christ, I'd probably lose just out of spite.

But I am definitely stronger.

Are you kidding? Everyone hates me now after the Presidential debate... But I think its our personalities that would decipher who would be a leader. You could be a food gatherer and build our huts. ;)

ISTJ.

I could say, yep, this is me:

http://typelogic.com/istj.html

...but so could me reading the horoscope for Gemini, when I am really Scorpio. You read one, you read them all; hence, you can't believe any of it.

...I dated someone once, and told them when I was born... They said: "You are the scorpion." Long pause. Then I shook my head...

ISTJ.

...but so could me reading the horoscope for Gemini, when I am really Scorpio. You read one, you read them all; hence, you can't believe any of it.

...I dated someone once, and told them when I was born... They said: "You are the scorpion." Long pause. Then I shook my head...

Yeah, that's pretty true of astrology. I agree with you there.

But this is a lot different. I scored the same as you, but with an equal number of answers for the S as for the N. That makes me technically an IXTJ, a crosstype. The appropriate thing to do in that case is to read over the material for both personality types and to figure out which one more accurately describes you. In my case, it was the N and there wasn't the slightest doubt.

INTP. We just had a Meyers-Briggs offsite in my department at work. Everyone took the test, got the results privately, then we met at a hotel to review and discuss. This was supposed to be one of those "team-building" things.

Word of caution: Sounds awefully familiar to ours a few years ago. The hotel part is baffling? What in the world?

Like I mentioned within 2 weeks, most were up to their old devilish tricks again. People ended up reporting each other to HR, choke holds, etc. :lol:

ISTJ.

I just looked at the 'explanation' for my type on that link. Who writes that stuff? Nice to take a pyschological screening to to find out you have lots of 'zany charm'.

Funny you mention astrology. I had a full chart done once, and there is virtually no difference in the behavorial commentary between the astrology and the MBTI results. Odd.

• 3 years later...

This is an interesting thread to read through. I took this test twice in 2 different classes in school and when we talked abouth the results in class I was the only INTJ. I know INTJs make up less than 1% of the population but are generally over represented in surveys due to our propensity to take surveys. I guess we can add participating in urban development forums to the list of activities we particularly enjoy. Who'da thunk it?

As it happens I was discussing Myers-Briggs with a psychologist on Friday. His view was that it was mainly bunkum, but it's good fun nonetheless.

I scored INTP, but right on the border with INTJ.

A lot of professionals hold that view. While there may be sample bias in terms of who volunteers to take the test, I tend to think that it has predictive validity. As for all the stuff written up by Keirsey in 'Please Understand Me' and 'Please Understand Me II', yeah there's a lot of popularized speculation inherent to that. A lot of it was armchair psychology, untested and untestable by academics.

Score another INTJ......

INTJ

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Thinking(62%) Judging(11%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

Archived