The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Spdwy.

YakuzaIce

7 minutes ago, Geoff8201 said:

Awesome find Monarch!

I loved everything about that article and what the RO will be (which I and most of us have been pronouncing wrong as R, O. Will have to get used to pronouncing it Row).

I heard somewhere that we wouldn’t see groundbreaking until the end of the year which I didn’t post because it seemed like we were going to see movement sooner.

I like the idea of the single level giant parking garage to feel like a big surface lot, but underground; the prospect of up to 8 restaurants; the range of living from nice to ultra luxurious, along with where they drew their design inspirations.

Hope to start seeing tree relocation (glad they are doing this as well) and some massive digging with the next month or so. 

Also, to the question asked the cost question on that 900-Ton Crane, it’s up to $200,000 per use.

^^^ @Geoff8201 my pleasure.

• Like 1

When my son first told me about plans for this project back in January, I wasn't sure how long it would take for them to get under way. I'm glad they have finally shored up plans. One of the things that's really interesting about the Auberge group is they all have a person on staff who is the experience person. For instance in Austin at the Commodore Perry, where our son works, one of the experiences they offer is a side trip to Marfa Texas to explore Marfa, Chinati, eat local and then hop back on a plane to Austin. They also have a party at a bootmakers shop. They close down the shop for a private event and you get fitted for boots while being serenaded by Austin musicians and drinking Margherita's. They're all a little over the top, but that's what makes this hotel group so interesting. Our son took us to the Auberge in Fort Worth for his and my Birthday. It's called the Bowie and it was magnificent. It's a new build, but very close to all of the Museums on Camp Bowie. While we there we were entertained by Ginny Mac a great Ft. Worth musician who plays accordion. If you ever get up to Fort Worth check out the hotel, and look to see where Ginny Mac is playing. She is amazing.

I'm sure this addition to the Auberge group will be stunning since this is where the head of the company lives.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Cool article on the Texas Monthlh detailing Auberge Collection’s entrance to Fexas. Friedkin is really going all in on Texas. I knew about the Austin and Fort Worth hotel. There’s also one in Dallas opening in 2026 and another in the Hill Country. Very cool 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 9:06 AM, hindesky said:

Parcel 2 office building ,is this the Occidental Oil building?

YoVvEIR.png9S6FcBf.png

This is the other office project. Oxy's buildings will be on the southern end of the development.

• Like 6

These two construction trailers belong to Tellespen who is building Oxy's new headquarters. I talked with the general foreman who said they will be here for two years and have two tower cranes for the project at Parcel 2. He said they will be hooking them up and they will build a patio on the front of it the next few days. 4 story building on top of a parking garage with a basement. Tellespsen https://tellepsen.com has their own concrete contractor called Building Concrete Solutions https://bcshouston.com who have been doing a lot of concrete work for Alliance apartments lately.

5zUdldK.jpeg

I noticed they now have two asphalt milling machines now.

2ouUZBQ.jpeg

2t3cscx.jpeg

BpuRbzW.jpeg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Hindesky for sharing that info. Will be exciting to see. Does this 4-story building replace the original plans we saw for a 13-Floor leasable office building on Parcel 2?

I heard from a source the power poles that were just relocated as part of the Alabama reconstruction from Weslayan to Buffalo Speedway, will be removed and the lines buried underground. This was to be at The RO’s expense since they want the complex to look great in every sense, including not having power poles in front of their new buildings. If that turns out to be the case, props to them for the improvement. 

IMG_6987.jpeg

IMG_6988.jpeg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Are you suggesting the person who identified himself as the general foreman didn't know what he was talking about?  😉

I'm the one who brought up the name Oxy, not the foreman he just said an office building on parcel 2. Sometimes the workers lower on the wrung don't know what or who the building is for.