METRORail University Line

ricco67

Thanks for that post C2H. I will be sending that to our elected officials - fraud on the petition - how nice! I f there is one fradulent signature their could be thousands. . . . I will make certain that we get an impartial group to go through the petion - Maybe the vote counters from Florida?

I wouldn't trust you to get an impartial anything. There will more than enough valid signatures to put the U-Line all the way down Richmond I can assure you.

I will have to discuss that with some of my neighbors and get back to you. My personal OPINION is that AO would be willing to accept rail on Richmond to the Greenaway Plaza. More later.

I hope you keep that promise.

it's time to find out if Afton Oaks is just NIMBY, or has valid concern for the preservation of private, residential, single-family neighborhood environments. Placing an 18 hr a day, every 3 minutes train 30 feet from residential backyards where there is no existing traffic does not sound like a good idea to me.

Placing one 80-100 feet from a front yard on a major arterial street is a different story.

Thanks for that post C2H. I will be sending that to our elected officials - fraud on the petition - how nice! I f there is one fradulent signature their could be thousands. . . . I will make certain that we get an impartial group to go through the petion - Maybe the vote counters from Florida?

That's one of the most petty things ive seen. Good job. I hope you can get Culberson to post here.

Ya think? apparently you haven't heard of Prnt Screen, paste to Powerpoint. Not bad for an elderly gent eh?

Are you serious, did you ACTUALLY save a screen shot of that post, will that actually cause the domino effect that will end lightrail on Richmond. . . I have lost hope :lol: *sarcasm*

It's Olivia to you buster!

So AftonAg, what do you think, how pimp would that look to be able to walk out the front door and catch a ride, that is such an AWESOME selling point, and you get to keep all your lanes and trees

The lanes will be skinnier, so both big trucks will be discourage to drive on it AND people will drive slower!

when I was your age - and fully capable of out running all VC, and an AK47 round I was quick enough to catch a ride - but since there isn't a station at AO I will have to pass.

Since when did tattle telling come back in style, "Hey, 1996 called and Linda Tripp wants her claim to fame back!"

Come on, he has family there, this is not an election ballot nincumpoop! :lol::blink:^_^

Oh well that makes it ok then. Of course if a Republican were to do that God knows the World would come to a screeching halt. Sorry - but it will be sent to Representative Culbertson and the AftonOaks coalition. Thanks again.

ut since there isn't a station at AO I will have to pass.

From the last meeting:

Convenient and attractive stations at Montrose, Dunlavy, Shepherd, Kirby, Buffalo Speedway or Greenway Plaza, Weslayan, Newcastle, South Rice, and the Hillcroft Transit Center

Last I checked Newcastle is DEAD center inside Afton Oaks my friend, with Westlayan only 3 blocks away.

the AftonOaks coalition.

What's the website to the neighborhood coalition, I'd like to write an email about you too ^_^:lol::D

Chill out, it was just a joke. Do people in Afton Oaks have a sense of humor? :blink:

Sure we do - do you know what they call an Afton Oaks resident at work? BOSS!

I don't care who you sre that's funny right there. Git er' done!

You know, this reminds me of a person who, a couple of years ago, would state that no one would ride the metro rail (correct me if my facts are wrong).

After it was completed he constantly stated how much it as such a failure and how property values were going to go down and no development was going to take place, he got increasingly abusive.

Eventually, he went away when the debates (on a totally different issue, if I remember correctly) got way out of hand.

Have I missed anything?

Do you think the same thing will happen?

Here you go AftonAg, just look at how BEAUTIFUL this looks.

You have to love this! (it depicts the Richmond at Newcastle intersection area)

metro_rendering_newcastle.jpg

uh huh & where is that convenient station - more BS fronm Metro.

Ya think? apparently you haven't heard of Prnt Screen, paste to Powerpoint. Not bad for an elderly gent eh?

The joke totally escaped you. Florida, paper chads, OHIO, electronic voting booths. :lol:

Did you hear about the 5 aggies that ran off into the Brazos river the other day ? Some of them drowned, the 2 in the front were able to roll down the windows and get out, but the 3 in the back couldn't get the tailgate down. :blink::huh::P:lol:

Edited by TJones

The joke totally escaped you. Florida, paper chads, OHIO, electronic voting booths. :lol:

Did you hear about the 5 aggies that ran off into the Brazos river the other day ? Some of them drowned, the 2 in the front were able to roll down the windows and get out, but the 3 in the back couldn't get the tailgate down. :blink::huh::P:lol:

um the two that got out were the longhorns :rolleyes:

Oh well that makes it ok then. Of course if a Republican were to do that God knows the World would come to a screeching halt. Sorry - but it will be sent to Representative Culbertson and the AftonOaks coalition. Thanks again.

AMEN to that brotha, but I am still gonna have to go against you on this Rail thing.

You know, this reminds me of a person who, a couple of years ago, would state that no one would ride the metro rail (correct me if my facts are wrong).

After it was completed he constantly stated how much it as such a failure and how property values were going to go down and no development was going to take place, he got increasingly abusive.

Eventually, he went away when the debates (on a totally different issue, if I remember correctly) got way out of hand.

Have I missed anything?

Do you think the same thing will happen?

Ricco - I am so disappointed in you. I posted yesterday that I wasn't going away, and I can assure you that I haven't posted on this blog before. I think if you go back and read my posts you will note numerous apologies - including at least one to you. Does that seem like something an abusive sort of person would do? I don't think so - give me a little credit please. I have endured numerous attacks without becoming (my opinion) abusive. Seems like you just continue to try and offend me in every way that you can.

this thread is becoming a little troll-esque :closedeyes:

Come sit over here by me buddy, and we'll "OOOOOOOOO" and "AAAAAHHHHHH" at the fireworks together ! :D

I wish there was a real time chat on this thing sometimes, but I guess it is better this way. You get to read all the posts.

Edited by TJones

Ricco - I am so disappointed in you. I posted yesterday that I wasn't going away, and I can assure you that I haven't posted on this blog before. I think if you go back and read my posts you will note numerous apologies - including at least one to you. Does that seem like something an abusive sort of person would do? I don't think so - give me a little credit please. I have endured numerous attacks without becoming (my opinion) abusive. Seems like you just continue to try and offend me in every way that you can.

While I think some posts to you have been unfair, the debate has devolved on both sides that's starting to be rather juvenile.

I wasn't attacking you, this debate is reminding me of an old user who was VERY adament against rail, and as his time came to a close on here (which happend over a period of months, I think), his debates and conversations bordered on abusive.

Of course if a Republican were to do that God knows the World would come to a screeching halt. Sorry - but it will be sent to Representative Culbertson and the AftonOaks coalition. Thanks again.

OK. We get it. Another poor put-upon Republican. No one cares when you trash me and my neighborhood [except me.]

No one cares if you're an Aggie. No one cares about bonfires and cut down trees because-if you had attended Tuesday's meeting-you would have seen NO trees will be cut down in AO. None. No one cares if our buddy in Colorado signed a petition-but I'm glad he did; I signed it awhile back.

Post by post your opinions are being peeled off while everyone is getting wrapped up in your life. Maybe you like that but it has little to do with LRT on Richmond or AO. Until you address the issues with facts, don't expect to be taken as anything other as an easy target. Time to step up and own up to the good and bad.

BTW, did you attend Tuesday's meeting? It was very close to AO.

Edited by nmainguy

uh huh & where is that convenient station - more BS fronm Metro.

It's a premliminary doodle, it will be in the final product, you want a cookie now! :rolleyes:

Hey, I resemble that comment! ^_^

"I will have to discuss that with some of my neighbors and get back to you. My personal OPINION is that AO would be willing to accept rail on Richmond to the Greenaway Plaza. More later."

I hope you keep that promise.

it's time to find out if Afton Oaks is just NIMBY, or has valid concern for the preservation of private, residential, single-family neighborhood environments. Placing an 18 hr a day, every 3 minutes train 30 feet from residential backyards where there is no existing traffic does not sound like a good idea to me.

Placing one 80-100 feet from a front yard on a major arterial street is a different story.

you really going to answer this AftonAg, or would you rather swap stories about Cambodia in 71?

I wouldn't trust you to get an impartial anything. There will more than enough valid signatures to put the U-Line all the way down Richmond I can assure you.

Perception is reality my friend - is that one fradulent signature or one million - they will have to check them all.

"I will have to discuss that with some of my neighbors and get back to you. My personal OPINION is that AO would be willing to accept rail on Richmond to the Greenaway Plaza. More later."

you really going to answer this AftonAg, or would you rather swap stories about Cambodia in 71?

I was still in HS in 71 - but I have some great back seat at the drive inn movies stories. I will definitely see how my neighbors feel about the compromises.

OK. We get it. Another poor put-upon Republican. No one cares when you trash me and my neighborhood [except me.]

No one cares if you're an Aggie. No one cares about bonfires and cut down trees because-if you had attended Tuesday's meeting-you would have seen NO trees will be cut down in AO. None. No one cares if our buddy in Colorado signed a petition-but I'm glad he did; I signed it awhile back.

Post by post your opinions are being peeled off while everyone is getting wrapped up in your life. Maybe you like that but it has little to do with LRT on Richmond or AO. Until you address the issues with facts, don't expect to be taken as anything other as an easy target. Time to step up and own up to the good and bad.

BTW, did you attend Tuesday's meeting? It was very close to AO.

I was there. I heard metro say they weren'y cutting down any trees. I am over 50 and I have been lied to before - apparently you haven't. But don't worry metro will respect you in the morning.

and the maps METRO had on Tuesday specefically showed NO station on Richmond between Wesleyan and Post Oak.

and NO station on Westpark between Wesleyan and 610, including none by the apartments at Newcastle, the Chron bldg, or the office park at 610.

it's details like this that should alert those of you new to METRO SOP that METRO cannot be taken seriously as a true builder of a mass transit system. the agency has had some success with improving bus service and serving transit-dependent Houstonians since 1978, but since building the Main LRT has actually decreased bus service in some areas, or increased transfers to ramp up rail ridership.

this kind of gamesmanship is not the mark of a serious public agency.

and the maps METRO had on Tuesday specefically showed NO station on Richmond between Wesleyan and Post Oak and NO station on Westpark between Wesleyan and 610, including none by the apartments at Newcastle, the Chron bldg, or the office park at 610.

They are still in the planning phases, I would love to see a station and people in the meeting expressed it as noted in the richmondrail.com blog.

From the last meeting:

Convenient and attractive stations at Montrose, Dunlavy, Shepherd, Kirby, Buffalo Speedway or Greenway Plaza, Weslayan, Newcastle, South Rice, and the Hillcroft Transit Center

Last I checked Newcastle is DEAD center inside Afton Oaks my friend, with Westlayan only 3 blocks away.

What's the website to the neighborhood coalition, I'd like to write an email about you too ^_^:lol::D

Gee is it just me. . . . or do I see the word OR dead in the middle of that language. "Montrose, Dunlavy, Buffalo Speedway, OR Greenway Plaza Weslayan, Newcastle, South Rice and the Hillcroft Transit Center. Obviously you did sleep through English 101 at A&M. The word or in this context, my Aggie friend, would indicate one group of stops or the other group of stops. Apology accepted now drop and give me fifty.

Gee is it just me. . . . or do I see the word OR dead in the middle of that language. "Montrose, Dunlavy, Buffalo Speedway, OR Greenway Plaza Weslayan, Newcastle, South Rice and the Hillcroft Transit Center. Obviously you did sleep through English 101 at A&M. The word or in this context, my Aggie friend, would indicate one group of stops or the other group of stops. Apology accepted now drop and give me fifty.

The "or" is in reference to the (2) adjoining words (Buffalo Speedway,Greenway Plaza)

Everything else is an assumed "and"

Are you trying to convince me that list will only have 2 or 3 stops, it will be at least 7. B)

I never got the website to the Afton Oaks coalition btw. . . can you all afford one? :mellow:

It sure feels that way on this keyboard moose. Cut down a few trees huh - perhaps you remenber the bonfire collapse at A&M. The blogs were absolutely filled at that time with comments about the Aggies cutting down all those trees and how horrible that was. Pretty much the same left leaning liberal crowd on this blog.

Holy crap I cited a source - quick run for the hills!

Im conservative, Im an Aggie, I was at the bonfire site 30 mins after it fell, helping out.

Im very much not left leaning and have had enough heated debates on here myself...

Dont try to group together and label eveyone that disagrees with you.

That being said.. I very much see eye to eye with with every member of the "left leaning liberal crowd" as you put it, on here when it comes to putting rail down Richmond.

I've been to 3 of the Metro meetings/open houses and It takes alot of work on my part to bite my tounge when I hear the typical AO'er speaks and gives me the same tired reasons why there should be zero rail on Richmond, or zero rail period.

Speaking of irrelevant... To cite blogs concerning bonfire tree felling in the same sentence as Metro losing a few trees ( almost none in AO) to give us rail.... Whaaaaaa ??????