BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

Apache may not build in blvd place?? I hope they don't back out, though I suppose I wouldn't be opposed if it was for a taller building downtown.. Heh

I like your thinking.  It would be a win-win if one of the proposed downtown towers could snag the Apache headquarters and Blvd Place could revert to a plan more similar to the original (without the retail break between phase 1 and phase 2 that would be (would have been?) caused by the insertion of the Apache tower in the middle of the development.

Having said that, it would be a pretty surprising turn of events for Apache to not build at the Blvd Place site, given that they (Apache) bought the acreage last year.

Edited by Houston19514

according to BLVD Place's website, Landmark Tower is planned to go in the northwest corner of the property. Apaches plot of land is more on the southeast side.

I like your thinking.  It would be a win-win if one of the proposed downtown towers could snag the Apache headquarters and Blvd Place could revert to a plan more similar to the original (without the retail break between phase 1 and phase 2 that would be (would have been?) caused by the insertion of the Apache tower in the middle of the development.

Having said that, it would be a pretty surprising turn of events for Apache to not build at the Blvd Place site, given that they (Apache) bought the acreage last year.

haha, exactly.. Apache being the lead tenant for International Tower or something of the likes? agreed, it would be a win win. i always thought it was kind of odd that they sold Apache a portion of the property right between the existing and future retail centers.

Don't say that Larry! Didn't they inherit the mariner site when they bought them, before selling it off? Granted it was on beltway west, not in the energy corridor. I really hope they stay within uptown or downtown unless it's to build a signature Williams tower esque building for another of our skylines.

Edited by cloud713

Check the date on that article.

If you look back a couple if pages, you'll see that the most recent plan for BLVD Place has a grey square on the left that fits the shape of this tower perfectly. I think originally, this tower (Landmark Tower) was supposed to be there, than got scraped, than apache decided to build their tower there, and now were pretty sure that it's not going to happen and so the most recent plan shows the area with a tower looking like the one in the article above.

If you look back a couple if pages, you'll see that the most recent plan for BLVD Place has a grey square on the left that fits the shape of this tower perfectly. I think originally, this tower (Landmark Tower) was supposed to be there, than got scraped, than apache decided to build their tower there, and now were pretty sure that it's not going to happen and so the most recent plan shows the area with a tower looking like the one in the article above.

Give us a post #.   FWIW,  BLVD Place's current website does not  show what you speak of.  It still shows a plain rectangle in the Apache spot and the shape we are speaking of (the residential tower) is still in its original location on the northwest corner of BLVD Place. I don't think they have ever shown this residential tower (Landmark Tower) in the Apache location.  Pretty sure it has always been shown on the northwest site.

Edited by Houston19514

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but The Counter has BLVD Place listed as a future location.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/comingsoon/

It lists 6 BLVD Place. That's the existing building, with RDG Bar Annie and whatnot in it. I wonder if it's the wrong address they put or if a current tenant is leaving.

It lists 6 BLVD Place. That's the existing building, with RDG Bar Annie and whatnot in it. I wonder if it's the wrong address they put or if a current tenant is leaving.

Hermes is planning to relocate to River Oak District so maybe that where the counter is moving to

I'm sure most of you have seen or heard about this but here is a link to a construction project in China. Its a 30 story hotel erected and complete in 15 days. I know its off topic but since people are always complaining about the slow pace of construction on different jobs I thought this would be entertaining to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GVUsIlwWWM8?rel=0

I'm sure most of you have seen or heard about this but here is a link to a construction project in China. Its a 30 story hotel erected and complete in 15 days. I know its off topic but since people are always complaining about the slow pace of construction on different jobs I thought this would be entertaining to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GVUsIlwWWM8?rel=0

That's communism!