Our Own Fair Spring

westguy

Don't worry, I know you never said that, and I know what you're saying. But even if he gets a maximum sentence doesn't mean 100% that he will never be up for release.

Well, if he gets a without parole sentence, the only way he can get out is if:

* A: An error is discovered in his trial and he has to have another trial

* B: The Governor pardons him

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, if he gets a without parole sentence, the only way he can get out is if:

* A: An error is discovered in his trial and he has to have another trial

* B: The Governor pardons him

* or C: He has a good lawyer, and they try to reduce his sentence in the later run because he claims a good track record in prison.

Keep in mind that the victim will recover, because he's Texas tough. That being said, there's no reason to talk about the death penalty, because that isn't even an option. I don't think a life sentence is an option, either.

* or C: He has a good lawyer, and they try to reduce his sentence in the later run because he claims a good track record in prison.

Keep in mind that the victim will recover, because he's Texas tough. That being said, there's no reason to talk about the death penalty, because that isn't even an option. I don't think a life sentence is an option, either.

That's parole. In Texas "without parole" is now automatic for life sentences for murder.

But, yes, the victim most likely will not die.

I'm not so sure the kid will survive. As of today he is still in ICU and on dialysis.

:(

Sorry if this should belong to another thread, or in the wrong section. But as I passed the school today, I noticed channel 13, fox 26, and I think another one reporting on the elle blvd. median. Also, a lady news anchor (didn't see which one) stepped out of a giant hummer, walking very snobbishly. I think I might be in one of the broad casts, as several cars passed, but I remember being stuck in the morning commute (I should take a new route) and being in the cameras for some time. I think i waved :D .

Do you think the media is blowing up the story?

-Now, It was horrible thing what happened, please don't get me wrong!!!

Sorry if this should belong to another thread, or in the wrong section. But as I passed the school today, I noticed channel 13, fox 26, and I think another one reporting on the elle blvd. median. Also, a lady news anchor (didn't see which one) stepped out of a giant hummer, walking very snobbishly. I think I might be in one of the broad casts, as several cars passed, but I remember being stuck in the morning commute (I should take a new route) and being in the cameras for some time. I think i waved :D .

Do you think the media is blowing up the story?

-Now, It was horrible thing what happened, please don't get me wrong!!!

Yeah, they are totally blowing the story all out of proportion. All the two guys did was sodomise the kid with a pointed piece of PVC and then kicked it further up his rectum with their steel pointed boots, put him in ICU and on dialysis.

Damn liberal media. >:)

<_<

[editor: maybe merge this with the original thread?]

I meant because this wouldn't be the first near death, stabbing, (death)-incase he does, severe beating. I think its only gaining this constant coverage because of the racial issue.

I may be off base but it seems to me the brutality is what is causing the gain in coverage. My brain can only absorb so much of what these two thugs did to this boy and then I just shut down. I don't need to know the ethnicity of all involved to be repulsed beyond description. What creates the mentality of people like this to perpatrate what they did to this kid? It is outside the realm of my understanding.

I may be off base but it seems to me the brutality is what is causing the gain in coverage. My brain can only absorb so much of what these two thugs did to this boy and then I just shut down. I don't need to know the ethnicity of all involved to be repulsed beyond description. What creates the mentality of people like this to perpatrate what they did to this kid? It is outside the realm of my understanding.

I think people are intrigued by the mystery of what will happen next in terms of punishment, because there's a lot of variables

Tuck speaks out....

Tuck said that by the time he and his friends arrived at the house, he was drunk from vodka and high from Xanax, cocaine and marijuana. He had heard the 12-year-old girl had been raped, not just kissed. So he and Turner attacked.

Link

Tuck speaks out....

Tuck said that by the time he and his friends arrived at the house, he was drunk from vodka and high from Xanax, cocaine and marijuana. He had heard the 12-year-old girl had been raped, not just kissed. So he and Turner attacked.

Link

Wow, for a guy that was drunk off vodka, high from Xanax, cocaine (which is a hell of a drug), and marijuana, he sure remembers a lot, doesn't he?

disgust. sheer disgust. i wish i hadn't read that.

i hope everyone sees through this. he is trying to make out like he did something heroic????? that he loves everyone???? cry me a river, i wish oh i wish i could be on THAT jury!!!!

Next he's going to claim that he thought the plastic pipe was a flag pole and the victim was Iwo Jima.

Sorry that your childhood sucked guy, but you're old enough to know better. Being drunk and high is no excuse.

Guest danax
Its a shame our Community of Spring has to be shown like this. And its even more unfortunite people of this age would do such a thing.

The nation won't remember Spring as much as Texas or Houston. Cheerleader mom murders, bathtub baby drownings, jealous wife Mercedes attacks.............now the skinhead PVC pipe hate-rape.

It's no wonder if Joe 6-pack in Anytown, USA thinks we're a bunch of wackos.

And I'd be more concerned if a true adult had done something like this. I'm certainly not making excuses for these guys but very young males are prone to do very stupid things.

The nation won't remember Spring as much as Texas or Houston. Cheerleader mom murders, bathtub baby drownings, jealous wife Mercedes attacks.............now the skinhead PVC pipe hate-rape.

It's no wonder if Joe 6-pack in Anytown, USA thinks we're a bunch of wackos.

And I'd be more concerned if a true adult had done something like this. I'm certainly not making excuses for these guys but very young males are prone to do very stupid things.

Ah the scourned wife in the $70k Mercedes....priceless

giving Betty Broderick a run for her money........

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sad story that started a year ago has an equally sad ending this weekend.

Chronicle story

A Spring teen who survived a brutal beating with a pipe last year jumped to his death from a Cozumel-bound cruise ship on Sunday.

Carnival Cruise Lines officials would not confirm his identity, but Rick Dovalina, head of LULAC in Houston, said Sunday night that he learned through the family's attorney, Carlos Leon, that 18-year-old David Ritcheson has died.

I just got done watching ABC 13 News and found out the same kid who was brutally attacked in April of 2006 in a Spring Neighborhood by David Tuck and Keith Turner just died today. He was on a cruise with freinds and family, and he jumped off the highest deck of the ship. I think this is really a sad situation. He seemed to be doing just fine, He was even on the Homecomming Ballot, and then this happens.

Complete Story and Video found on ABC 13.com

I read a lot of Shadow Star (a comic book series about kids with dragon pets that explores cruelty and desperation in humans) only to find about this.

Did Ritcheson plan to commit suicide? Or did he feel so depressed that moment that he jumped?

Archived