Crime In The Heights

PureAuteur

While I do think freeway speedtraps are little bit heavy-handed and unnecessary, I will NEVER complain about cops out on surface roads picking off idiot speeders. They are free to come over to my neighborhood, particularly W TC Jester, any time.

if i had a dollar everytime i've badgered the non-emergency number with speeders up and down michaux. one of these days i am going to bring an empty stroller and let it slip right as some jackoff is doing 40 on michaux trying to catch the light at pecore. you guys want me to take pictures of how badly they crap their pants when they hit a baby stroller? :angry:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Residents of the 6th ward have been in quite a tizzy over some of the bars that have opened up on Washington, and patrons parking in the neighborhood. The increased presence may well be a direct result of their whining.

You hit the nail on the head. They are upset at 2 a.m. urinating in the yard and the like. I don't understand how people can live a hop, skip, and not even a jump from downtown and expect the surrounds to resemble Mayberry. Obviously I'm in the minority.

if i had a dollar everytime i've badgered the non-emergency number with speeders up and down michaux. one of these days i am going to bring an empty stroller and let it slip right as some jackoff is doing 40 on michaux trying to catch the light at pecore. you guys want me to take pictures of how badly they crap their pants when they hit a baby stroller? :angry:

Please do so! Please get a friend with a videocamera! Please post it on YouTube for the world to see!

was going down Milam (Bar Hopping to "cheer" me up, that was their excuse) when we almost got involved with a head on collision with some Suburban going the wrong way and immediately saw some cruisers heading it off.

Same thing happened to me on Milam last night except no police cruiser to catch him...

have you guys seen the cardboard cut outs of kids? some guy in ohio started making them for his street and is now selling them on line. they're actual, lifesized pics of kids running. he put one on his street to slow the cars down (looks like their running in to the road) and now has a full fledged business selling them!

i read the article but now can't find the info for his site. i seriously want one for my street!

Anyone else notice the C-130 circling fairly low overhead last night? I got home at 6 and it was still doing laps at 10 pm....

Outrageous consipiracy speculation encouraged.

No utrageous consipiracy speculation here, but you've come to the right place.

as an OT aside, your "joined" date for HAIF is the day my son was born. awww. being a mother has made me nothing if not sentimental (yes. i am a mother. as in a woman. as in not a man <_< (not directed at you Tiko))

Anyone else notice the C-130 circling fairly low overhead last night? I got home at 6 and it was still doing laps at 10 pm....

Nope, but I don't live in Katy. I did recently see an Apache helicopter circling over the area around Telephone and the South Loop.

Nope, but I don't live in Katy. I did recently see an Apache helicopter circling over the area around Telephone and the South Loop.

Don't get the Katy reference...the gunship ;) was circling overhead just E of me (18th) and was low enough that it could be heard inside of the house.

Hey, I like your sig - are you quoting someone?

Don't get the Katy reference...the gunship ;) was circling overhead just E of me (18th) and was low enough that it could be heard inside of the house.

Oh, I'm sorry...I saw the capital T, that it had four letters, and mistook you for Trae.

The sig is my own, and thanks for the compliment. :)

Mrs Cottonmather and I went out last night and watched the ISS pass almost directly overhead around 9:15. It was as bright and as large as an airplane. Very impressive. Perhaps they were testing the secret earthquake weapon and the C-130 was there to watch?

My guess is the gub-mint is preparing to deal with the illegal immigration issue by planting hurricane seeds from above so we get hit with a big one from the Gulf this year, displacing to Dallas all of those that can't afford to get out on their own.

My guess is the gub-mint is preparing to deal with the illegal immigration issue by planting hurricane seeds from above so we get hit with a big one from the Gulf this year, displacing to Dallas all of those that can't afford to get out on their own.

:lol:

I think Dubya and Rick Perry were just goofing off, kicking back and doing some lines, making bets on American Idol. I bet they kept asking the pilot to buzz the Galleria.

Black helicopters or a C-130 or both? The latter might be related to this thread.

Saturday, I saw a fleet of six Apaches fly over. I thought, "That's it. He isn't going to give up the office to Obama or McCain".

as an OT aside, your "joined" date for HAIF is the day my son was born. awww. being a mother has made me nothing if not sentimental (yes. i am a mother. as in a woman. as in not a man <_< (not directed at you Tiko))

Congratulations on the baby, dude! I hope your wife is doing well.

Congratulations on the baby, dude! I hope your wife is doing well.

READ, Boy! READ! :D

Edit: My own general stupidity.

Edited by ricco67

when I was a kid we would make a straw dummy with old cloths and tape it all on to one of our old beater bicycles and hide up someones driveway (of course no one related to anyone participating :lol: ) and we would wait for cars to come down the street and ghost ride the bike out in front of them :lol:

another thing we would do is wait near a stop sign at night (about 50 feet down from the intersection) with about 8 of us (four on each side of the street)

as a car approached the stop sign we would get in the street and act like we were uncoiling a rope or something

then just as the car took off from the sign we would act like we were pulling that rope taught in front of them

we could hold people for 5+ minutes before they figured out there was nothing there

the best is a car we had stopped and someone on a bike came along and road right past us (so the car figured out there was nothing there)

that was a huge laugh :lol:

Edited by TexasVines

We were wondering what was up with that as well. We could clearly see it circling when we were walking the dog, and it was definitely loud enough to be heard with no problem inside our house (we're east of the Heights, in Lindale Park). I told my wife to imagine the sound multiplied by 100x or more, and that must've been what it was like living in London during the Blitz.

OK. What the hell? I've been watching this sucker fly at about 4000-6500 feet for some time now.

My theory: They are measuring positive chi in the Heights, so they can quash it. Maybe, their continuing to circle, in effect, is intended to quash our positive chi :huh: .

But why? [X-Files Theme].

Edited by Porchman

The sig is my own, and thanks for the compliment. :)

Very brave, to admit being the author of that pap.

I know, I know...perhaps you haven't had the advantages I've had. :)

in the same vein, but entirely different: i often tell my husband that i am going to fashion some sort of portable speed bump that will involve a rope, a hot glue gun, and a crap load of nails. as i walk the dog or the baby around the hood, i will simply throw it out, lasso style, in front of offending cars. betcha i make the news!