Texas Medical Center Skyline Update

WestGrayGuy

I'm not sure who designed it, but the water wall you see is actually one of two that make up the northern and western walls of McGovern Commons... which has multiple restaurants on the bottom floor and Trevisio's on the top floor (a nice restaurant if you ever get the chance to eat there).

Just found this article from 2002 on the building: http://www.tmc.edu/tmcnews/08_01_02/page_02.html

The six-story Commons building features a unique, quarter-round design, and is entirely conceptualized along a "water-based" theme. Bordering the front entrance to the building are two towering water walls, which "wrap" around the structure

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

I think the whole round trip, getting back home and all, took about four hours. And I was by no means in a hurry.

Walking down that part of Studemont where there's next to nowhere to walk was exciting.

Everything from Main Street Square to the Bomar@Montrose bus stop was done on foot. :)

I think the whole round trip, getting back home and all, took about four hours. And I was by no means in a hurry.

Walking down that part of Studemont where there's next to nowhere to walk was exciting.

Everything from Main Street Square to the Bomar@Montrose bus stop was done on foot. :)

Fantastic! I recognize some of the places in the pictures but am having a hard time figuring out the exact route you took. Can you elaborate on the bus/rail/walking route you took?

The first pictures are along South Main just outside 610, near Willowbend.

The first light rail stop is on Greenbriar near Reliant, the Smith Lands station.

The next few shots were from the light rail, in the Medical Center and Hermann Park.

I got off the rail at the Wheeler station and went over to the Fiesta, then went back and took the rail to Main Street Square station.

I walked kind of zigzag through the streets to the northwest, stopping into the Chase Tower for the sky shots, then headed to Franklin Street which becomes Washington Avenue.

I went into Old Sixth Ward and walked down Kane Street, then took Sawyer back up to Washington. Continued west on Washington to Studemont.

Walked down Studemont which becomes Montrose. Stopped at the 34 bus stop at Bomar. I could've gone much further, but I needed my legs for today (for work). I could've walked all the way back home but I'd need a day of rest after, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...