I think if some of you are curious as to whether these things are going to get build should simply drive by this area. All of those former apartments are now gone and there is so much open land now. This simply can not stand in this explosive building market. If this doesn't happen then certainly someone else will.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, not only does this one appear dead, but now there is an autopsy, courtesy of BisNow:

"Peloton announced plans for Westcreek Centre in February—the 21-story, 368k SF development was supposed to be the first office in 34 years built on the inside of 610 in the Galleria submarket. It was slated to break ground in Q4 right next to the River Oaks District, but the land never closed, and the deal is dead. (Multifamily buyers drove land prices too high for office.)"

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/office/Six-Office-Buildings-That-Didnt-Break-Ground-in-2014-41364#3

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The marketing department's of companies (and the companies themselves) aren't going to have access to the potential development of their neighboring competitors, nor would they care. Not that that's a slight against them, it's just not really all that important unless they're trying to please, at max, 10 or 12 people in the city. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TowermaniacXD said:

Wait a second, I thought the only thing proposed for Westcreek was Skyhouse, Wilshire, and Arabella... what are those three across the street from them? 

5 hours ago, H-TownChris2 said:

I was thinking the same thing...

One we know is this:

There was also a rumored potential luxury hotel on the future development site abutting ROD.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

The marketing department's of companies (and the companies themselves) aren't going to have access to the potential development of their neighboring competitors, nor would they care. Not that that's a slight against them, it's just not really all that important unless they're trying to please, at max, 10 or 12 people in the city. 

I think it's laziness. The Dominion is not Apache Corp. In the second picture 2/3rds of ROD isn't highlighted blue.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Fairfield Westcreek (formerly Westcreek Centre): Multifamily High-Rise Along I-610
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Fairfield Westcreek: Multifamily At 2111 West Loop S.