Scott Street Residences Student Housing At 2519 Scott St.

Urbannizer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Scott Street Residences Student Housing At 2519 Scott St.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's true that some universities contract portions of an apartment complex to cover overflows from on-campus housing, but I don't see that being a major issue at UH or TSU. I would imagine that it's not illegal to rent only to students as long as there is a defined policy saying so and all student applicants are treated equally (part-time vs full-time, not required to attend a specific school). I think that's the same premise as senior citizen apartment communities, but those may have government oversight similar to low-income housing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

Its crazy that some people on this site see pictures like these and still talk about how LRT has been a fail and that property around rail has lost its value lmao 

I think it's down to just one guy. Fingers in the ears stuff.

I'll say, as a daily bus (+bike) commuter, I think the city's overall transit system has a long way to go. But damn if the rail network didn't thread some pretty tough needles. It is really great to see those bets start to pay off in increasingly visible ways.

Now if we can just cut those green and purple line headways down to 10min...(and build lines on Westheimer and Washington and Almeda and...) 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, cspwal said:

It would also be nice to get some all day service out to the suburbs

In an alternate universe, I could see a regional heavy rail line running from the Woodlands to Sugarland, roughly along the (current) I-45 and I-69 alignments working okay, and I could see an I-10-aligned line out to Katy working. (But while I can see those lines working, I really can't see them happening.)

But regional lines would have to be grade-separated heavy rail. I wouldn't extend the light rail network further out into the "suburbs" than the red line currently goes.

• Like 4

On 1/29/2023 at 10:20 PM, 004n063 said:

In an alternate universe, I could see a regional heavy rail line running from the Woodlands to Sugarland, roughly along the (current) I-45 and I-69 alignments working okay, and I could see an I-10-aligned line out to Katy working. (But while I can see those lines working, I really can't see them happening.)

But regional lines would have to be grade-separated heavy rail. I wouldn't extend the light rail network further out into the "suburbs" than the red line currently goes.

I heard the reason heavy rail would never happen is the freight carriers won't share the tracks.