Lawrence Building At 511 Main St.

adr

On 6/13/2022 at 10:39 PM, LBC2HTX said:

Right, and those cities have things that Houston will never have (natural beauty/weather or historical significance). 

Our weather is great 7 months out of the year. Our Summers are brutal but not much different from places like New Orleans. I could care less about what Houston doesn't have. I care more about what we do have and what we do bring to the table. When I went to SF last Summer, the scenery was great but that was a fading focus and the weather sucked. It was cold af till about 1 pm and then 4 hours of sunshine and then back to freezing cold. I was more pleased with the city itself, and not all of it was "historical." Tourists do come here. I've run in to a few the past few weeks. I talked to a guy from Denver that said he just wanted to get away and that he really liked the city. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, j_cuevas713 said:

When I went to SF last Summer, the scenery was great but that was a fading focus and the weather sucked. it was cold af till about 1 pm and then 4 hours of sunshine and then back to freezing cold

San Francisco is why Frank Sinatra sang "She hates California.  It's cold and it's damp."   Most people today aren't old enough to remember that San Francisco was the big west coast city for a century before Los Angeles became big.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, editor said:

San Francisco is why Frank Sinatra sang "She hates California.  It's cold and it's damp."   Most people today aren't old enough to remember that San Francisco was the big west coast city for a century before Los Angeles became big.

Aside from the weather, SF is so much better than LA. LA only gets the attention it does because of Hollywood, otherwise the city is just ehh. I read it's the largest urban area outside of NY, but those stats are based on 2k people per square mile being considered "urban."

8 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Aside from the weather, SF is so much better than LA. LA only gets the attention it does because of Hollywood, otherwise the city is just ehh. I read it's the largest urban area outside of NY, but those stats are based on 2k people per square mile being considered "urban."

Houston is what LAs population was in the 60s I wonder what Houston will look like in 60 years.

• The title was changed to Former Club Heat At 511 Main St.
On 6/30/2022 at 10:44 PM, kennyc05 said:

Houston is what LAs population was in the 60s I wonder what Houston will look like in 60 years.

We'll be 90% freeway after all the “just add one more lane” projects are done on the freeways. One thousand people in the core and 20 million in the suburbs. 

By the way this is a joke people . 

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to Club Heat At 511 Main St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/2/2022 at 3:48 PM, adr said:

I was told that it is to be a Las Vegas style club, with full LCD walls and ceiling.  

Previous permits listed 511 Main Street as a conversion from a night club to specialty retail. But another plan review was submitted in August describing the project as a 3,609 sf tavern / bar remodel. Houston-based design firm Protolab is designing the space.

There were more details pertaining the remodel on the plan review inspection site, but the site is not accessible at the moment. Although the name of the club / bar wasn't included and/or published, it does appear this will be a club. I also recall a note directing the firm to submit their plans to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations due to the cost of the remodel. It's likely we'll see an architectural barriers project filing for this soon. Perhaps the filing will provide additional details, including the name of the club. 

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Lawrence Building At 511 Main St.