Broadstone EaDo: Multifamily At 2424 Bell St.

hindesky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Does this mean they didn’t get a permit for the pool originally? Or that they added a pool?

It was always going to get a pool, it's going to be in the courtyard of the southern building. Pools are usually permitted later because they use the area for aerial lifts.

PEVVCjZ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, __nevii said:

Please tell me that the developers of this project were aware of EaDo's parking minimum exemption?

I am sure they were, but apartment dwellers most likely want to have covered parking.

Also, the garage may serve as overflow for the patrons of the places next door. 

Were you suggesting that they shouldn’t have built a garage?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, hindesky said:

North building where I think the leasing office will be located. Notice the porch on the upper floor.

MBw8Mbo.jpg

I just drove by coming from Ambrose Barbershop this morning. This development looks great! And the neighborhood is really starting to look much more aesthetically pleasing. I can't wait for East Blocks!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 12:55 PM, __nevii said:

Please tell me that the developers of this project were aware of EaDo's parking minimum exemption?

.  Another example of how parking minimums are not the evil they are made out to be here on HAIF.  I hope someone will point out the first significant development that provides less parking than they would have been required to provide under the previous regulations.  Downtown has not had minimum parking requirements for many years, and yet, every hotel, apartment building, condo, and office building has provided parking; in all cases I'm aware, every bit as generously as the regulations would have required.