Broadstone EaDo: Multifamily At 2424 Bell St.

hindesky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, E.Res said:

Lots of additional traffic. There is no bus that goes down Leland or Emancipation. I have ridden the 40/41 many times. I don’t recall seeing many riders get on or off the bus from Eado. So not sure adding bus lines would help anyway.

No major line down Leeland or Emancipation, but the 40/41 routes have stops a few blocks away along Polk St. at St. Emmanuel, St. Charles, and Delano. Most of the riders I see getting on the bus in East Downtown are heading into Downtown and Montrose or returning to East Downtown from Downtown and Montrose. Even though the bus occupancy ranges between 60%-90% capacity at these times, I rarely see anyone get on/off the bus in East Downtown, or East End. Many seem to be getting on/off at the Eastwood Transit Center or beyond.

There just are not a lot of destinations within East Downtown that would attract people to use METRO Bus or Rail. For those business that do exist, the clientele will drive themselves or Uber before they will get on a bus. I think if developments like Broadstone and Co-op EaDo (Urban Genesis) built ground floor retail into their complexes, it could attract businesses to East Downtown and hopefully increase ridership on METRO Bus and Rail from Downtown, Midtown, and Montrose.

And let's be honest, there isn't a lot of traffic in East Downtown along Emancipation, Polk, and Leeland to begin with. The Broadstone isn't going to affect it too much. Look at E. Ceasar Chaves St. and E. 6th St. in Austin. Several complexes and dozens of businesses have opened along those two street and most hours of the day there is little traffic. We'll be fine.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:13 PM, cspwal said:

The 40/41 was 6 min frequency at peak before covid; it's at 10 minute frequency at peak now, and often the 40 and the 41 bunch behind each other so the frequency is more like every 25 minutes sometimes at 5

I live in East Downtown and work in Montrose. I take the 40/41 when I need to go into the office. I find that during the hours of 6:30 am to 8:30 am and 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm weekdays, the frequency ranges 10-15 minutes. There have been a few times where a bus doesn't come for 20-30 minutes. Outside of those peak hours, you'll be lucky to catch a bus less with less than 25 minute frequency. Fortunately I live across the street from a stop and use the less than accurate METRO Trip app. I would welcome METRO to change the frequency to every 10 minutes during peak and 20 minutes off-peak. I think it would encourage people to use the bus to get to East Downtown Destinations.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They have started on the wood framing on the southern lot.

yrubk9S.jpg

bB0Vi3K.jpg

Lay down yard.

0kXifb6.jpg

Working on the 7th of 8 floors of the parking structure.

gDteZYR.jpg

gAalOMs.jpg

Striping the asphalt on Bell St west of Emancipation. Hopefully they do Bastrop St., between J Bar M Barbecue and the lay down yard.

m4ZEa1a.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...