Broadstone EaDo: Multifamily At 2424 Bell St.

hindesky

20 hours ago, cspwal said:

The density of Midtown didn't attract an H-E-B, but hopefully the hole in their map should bring an H-E-B somewhere in the area - and hopefully in East Downtown 

But they got a Whole Foods. In addition to the Randalls. I would assume the highway reconstruction would put any decision by HEB to move to East Downtown on hold. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Broadstone Eado is being developed by Alliance and it is two separate buildings connected by a sky walk over Bell St. and next to the Print Shop project with the CVS. A separate project applied for a plat across Emancipation St.and is being developed by Allied Orion Group, this one is called Emancipation Eado.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Broadstone EaDo: Multifamily At 2424 Bell St.
  • 1 month later...
On 9/24/2022 at 12:36 PM, freundb said:

Why?

Lots of additional traffic. There is no bus that goes down Leland or Emancipation. I have ridden the 40/41 many times. I don’t recall seeing many riders get on or off the bus from Eado. So not sure adding bus lines would help anyway.

1 hour ago, cspwal said:

I think a new bus that goes up emancipation, past east river, and gets to at Arnold’s would popular 

I'd have it take Leeland from Emancipation to St. Emmanuel, but otherwise, yeah.

Also, aim for 5min peak / 10min off-peak headways on the 11 and 40/41, and you'd basically have circulator functionality for those neighborhoods.

1 minute ago, cspwal said:

The 40/41 was 6 min frequency at peak before covid; it's at 10 minute frequency at peak now, and often the 40 and the 41 bunch behind each other so the frequency is more like every 25 minutes sometimes at 5

Sounds like the 25 through Uptown on weekend afternoons. You'll go like half a mile in 20 minutes and have two more 25s right behind you. Good stuff.

Sounds like the 82 at 5pm. I usually only wait 10 mins max but if I go any time during rush hour, I'm waiting at least 20 mins or more. Why can't Metro add more buses during this time period? I actually think Metro should find a way to add more buses to every route and you'd prob convince people to ride more if they saw it come more frequent. 

Edited by j_cuevas713

33 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Sounds like the 82 at 5pm. I usually only wait 10 mins max but if I go any time during rush hour, I'm waiting at least 20 mins or more. Why can't Metro add more buses during this time period? I actually think Metro should find a way to add more buses to every route and you'd prob convince people to ride more if they saw it come more frequent. 

Frequency is almost everything, but in the case of the 82, 25, 40/41, and probably a few others, the lack of a dedicated lane or signal priority is at least as big an issue. 

If it doesn't suffer too much from "BRT creep," the University Line could go a long way toward solving the problems of the 25. Hopefully it does this, and other major routes follow suit. 

But that's probably at least a decade away. In the meantime, they could at least paint some advisory bus lanes and, yes, improve the frequencies.

• Like 1

I think the 40/41 could be fixed with a little smarter frequency & timing. 
The 25 and especially the 82 need dedicated bus lanes to be on time at peak. Richmond and Westheimer have the room west of 610, but making a dedicated bus lane where the 82 really needs it is probably politically impossible 

• 2 weeks later...