36-Story Multifamily High-Rise At 3615 Montrose Blvd.

yaga

From yesterday. Chainlink is up all around, cops were called out once again to clear out the vagrants before they closed it up. There will be two gates one on Marshall St. next to  the alley and one on Kipling St. into the old London Hair Salon parking area.

8Mx4pwR.jpg

rIABddF.jpg

• Like 6

Saw a HPD officer here once again. I stoped and talked with him, he said he has been here 12 times and arrested some of the vagrants. As we were talking one of the vagrants he has already kicked out walked up but didn't go in this time. I saw the guy when I walked by a couple days ago. They haven't installed the gates yet. Officer said these buildings will have to have asbestos abatement before they demo them which will require permits. I showed him the render of what they are building. Yesterday I saw a truck that was here to pick up the one trash dumpster but he couldn't get in since the only access to it has crepe myrtles growing in front of the gate opening.

HFQGJe8.jpg

DkwztdJ.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to 36-Story Multifamily High-Rise At 3615 Montrose Blvd.

As I walked around the block I saw 4 of these signs and a trespasser inside. Until they install the gates it's going to be impossible to keep them out. Vacant properties are like lights to moths.

opEU0pZ.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 6

Saw the guy installing the SWPPP sign so I stoped to talk with him. He said they will be tearing up the sidewalks and after that they can put the silt screens around the site. He said he will be coming by here for the next several weeks to verify.

A1Q1Eyi.jpg

Axd3Q48.png

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 6

There are only 4 buildings remaining on the property, Google maps shows more but the one facing Marshall is already gone and the one behind it is too. More demo permits have been let for those remaining.

Guess who flagged the future 36 story apartments.

paHLIab.png

DLSwBQ0.png

zJjQPBc.png

T505HdR.png

OrQQTWa.png

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 6

1 house down 2 more to go, the old London Underground Salon and the Bacco Wine Bar plus 2 garage apartments. Crackheads are just going over the fence now trying to scavenge whatever they can find.

nbHTqzv.jpg

oGVJfTn.jpg

1smxXlC.jpg

They also moved the school bus.

jKtnPp3.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, hindesky said:

When this gets built and the Skanska Westmont is built it's going to look a lot like Post Oak Blvd. or downtown and really confuse the suburbanites. That is the old Bacco's Wine Bar coming down.

yYAVyjf.jpg

uSjuqKP.jpg

xUMFMyC.jpg

Baccos 😭😭😭Give Up What GIF by Discovery

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

All the buildings are gone. London Underground Salon on the right and Bacco's Wine Bar to the left. It's amazing that something that has stood for decades can come down in just a matter of a few hours.

ldvlMwE.jpg

909 and 911 Kipling St. in one big pile. The alley way is the boundary of the property to the east.

8Ca72PB.jpg

I'm guessing these huge oak trees will have to come down, their roots are making the sidewalk almost unwalkable.

C8CVVOD.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 6