Disneyland In Katy

HtownKid

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard the same rumor but for the land between College Station and Navasota. :)

There are some websites dedicated to the Disney Texas Rumor. I posted a Disney Texas topic on here nearly 2 years ago. But I think that was before the original fourm was destroyed.

Here are some links:

http://www.disneycentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20427

http://www.network54.com/Forum/viewall?forumid=17924&it=4

All I hear on Houston Forum is people and their wishful thinking. None of Houston's projects haven't even broke ground yet, only the TMC is in the bright light that's it.

Besides, Houston not gonna see no theme park for some time now.

What?

None of Houston's projects haven't even broke ground yet,

Besides, Houston not gonna see no theme park for some time now.

Let's see, if you have a double negative, then that's the same as a positive, so I guess semi is saying...

Houston's projects have even broken ground, and

Houston gonna see theme parks for some time now.

:lol: OK, that's the spirit, semipro! :lol:

I have not heard any roumors to that fact in some time now. I do know that at one time Disney World was almost built around the Winnie, Texas area but someone caught wind of it, leaked the knowledge out to the general public and property prices went through the roof so Walt and his team went looking somewhere else.

They ended up settling on some land in Florida. It think it was their second or thrid choice. Winne Texas was their first choice.

By truth do you mean what you actually said...

"Houston's projects have even broken ground, and

Houston gonna see theme parks for some time now." -as translated by red

Or what you meant to say.

Also responding seriously, what do all of the buildings under construction in uptown, the cathedral DT, the courthouses, and all of the mid rises popping up around the city count as? Considering you said the only place where projects have broken down is the TMC.

Everytime I talk to someone about Astroworld closing, there like "Oh well, atleast there going to build a Disney World in Katy." And I'm like "Thats just a rumor..." "No, they said there gonna build one?"

Ok, since everyone knows everything so well, it would have been in the newspapers, and television already. Because, if Disney were to ever open a new park, that would be global news.

Everytime I talk to someone about Astroworld closing, there like "Oh well, atleast there going to build a Disney World in Katy." And I'm like "Thats just a rumor..." "No, they said there gonna build one?"

Ok, since everyone knows everything so well, it would have been in the newspapers, and television already. Because, if Disney were to ever open a new park, that would be global news.

That is not how Disney operates Montrose, they use shell companies to buy the land, then when they are sure everything is in place, they spring it on ya. That is how they bought all the swamp land on the cheap in Orlando, years ago. The only real rumor I have heard, is that a known shell company for Disney bought about 55,000 acres just south of Sealy. I just don't know how true that rings to me. B)

That is not how Disney operates Montrose, they use shell companies to buy the land, then when they are sure everything is in place, they spring it on ya. That is how they bought all the swamp land on the cheap in Orlando, years ago. The only real rumor I have heard, is that a known shell company for Disney bought about 55,000 acres just south of Sealy. I just don't know how true that rings to me. B)

But Disney is losing money, why would they want to build a new park? They had to up Adult ticket prices alot in recent years, not to mention bad publicity with someone dead on Thunder Moutain.

But Disney is losing money, why would they want to build a new park? They had to up Adult ticket prices alot in recent years, not to mention bad publicity with someone dead on Thunder Moutain.

Disney has had alot of trouble with there recent incarnations in California and Virginia. They didn't expect the Cali. Adv to do so poorly, but they knew they would have problems with the America facilty, but it was too late to do anything about it. Orlando is still doing fine, although I think they built a little too much too fast, and it has shown in their pocketbook. Disney would be welcome here, and the "rumored plans" for it seem logical. A sea port built on Matagorda Bay, for the cruiselines with a shuttle bus to run them to the park, and a supposed NEW airport being built just outside of Katy. They would be "hooked up" to a major Interstate, and have enough base of clientel, i.e. Houston, San Antonio, Austin, too support such a park, if it is not a Davy Crockett Theme, as I have also heard that rumor. If they stay with the Orlando Park theme, I think Disney would do extrememly well.

Disney has had alot of trouble with there recent incarnations in California and Virginia. They didn't expect the Cali. Adv to do so poorly, but they knew they would have problems with the America facilty, but it was too late to do anything about it. Orlando is still doing fine, although I think they built a little too much too fast, and it has shown in their pocketbook. Disney would be welcome here, and the "rumored plans" for it seem logical. A sea port built on Matagorda Bay, for the cruiselines with a shuttle bus to run them to the park, and a supposed NEW airport being built just outside of Katy. They would be "hooked up" to a major Interstate, and have enough base of clientel, i.e. Houston, San Antonio, Austin, too support such a park, if it is not a Davy Crockett Theme, as I have also heard that rumor. If they stay with the Orlando Park theme, I think Disney would do extrememly well.

It seems like chicken little to me. Maybe all these things add up (Airport, Freeway, Land being bought, etc.) Buts its not likely Disney would build a park. I'll belive it when I see it.

I'm not trying to be a "negative nancy", or totally disbelieve you, but Maybe "its just we all want it so bad, that we actually believe it." as Talbot has said.

The situtation is perfect, all this land, flat, in the Second biggest, and second most populous state in the U.S., but come on. Davy Crockett Theme? Thats basically already a small section of Disney World, called Frontier Land. You should know, these are simply rumors. I'm sure someone said "I bet it will be a Davy Crockett Theme" and you know how word of mouth gets twisted like no other.

Well you can call me a "negative nancy", but I agree with Monty. I think if Disney ever wanted to build another theme park, which is a big if, San Antonio would be a preferred location.

San Antonio would be ideal, if Disney ever decided to pick a Texas Location. San Antonio is the biggest "Tourist Trap" in Texas. If Disney were to build a park, it would not only compete with Sea World, but with Six Flags Fiesta Texas as well.

• 2 months later...
San Antonio would be ideal, if Disney ever decided to pick a Texas Location. San Antonio is the biggest "Tourist Trap" in Texas. If Disney were to build a park, it would not only compete with Sea World, but with Six Flags Fiesta Texas as well.

_ Exactly it would have to " Compete" with all these other parks. So wouldn't it make sense to build in a location where there is no competition?? i dont know............................... :ph34r:

Not sure if that's true. Look at all the theme parks in Orlando/Tampa Bay. Disney never stopped Busch, Sea World, or Universal from building there. I guess they pick locations where they know people who love rollercoasters would go anyway. Plus, Orlando and San Antonio are big tourist towns anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me if Las Vegas became home to two-three theme parks next.

Not sure if that's true. Look at all the theme parks in Orlando/Tampa Bay. Disney never stopped Busch, Sea World, or Universal from building there. I guess they pick locations where they know people who love rollercoasters would go anyway. Plus, Orlando and San Antonio are big tourist towns anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me if Las Vegas became home to two-three theme parks next.

:lol: fOR LAS VEGAS That they don't have their own home national teams

like NFL, NBA or MBL. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

its something thats been going around since the 70's. Back when they built disney world, it was a total secret(so that they would be able to buy huge tracts of land without people raising the price in anticipation). when the first started to plan where to build WDW, they went all over the sunbelt investigating places to buy land, and someone clever saw thru their disguise and realized that it was disney who was looking at their property. Obviously now that they chose orlando as the location of Disney World, they wont be building it anywhere else. But since its such an interesting story it lived on and people get confused not knowing the whole story and think its a current proposal or something.

BTW, the version i heard was that it would be built in Missouri City...

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh hear we go again....

A poster on Clutchfans.net, a Rockets forum says he has a credible source that tells him that Katy is the frontrunner for a new Disney theme park in 2008 for its next round of expansion.

This I believe because of 1 thing.

This large (and still gorwing) metro market doesnt have a theme park, making it "ripe" for the picking. Texas is the second most populous state in the union, behind California. There are people "here" this park will attract just due to the fact that its "Disney" and that there is nothing else like it in the State.

Archived