Disneyland In Katy

HtownKid

My realtor also told me the same thing this past June. I told her that it was just an urban legend and she stated that she knew people who were buying up land for Disney. I still don't believe it. I'm sure Disney has a very strong contract that prohibits blabbing about land purchases. Another theory - perhaps the rumors about Disney buying up land in Sealy (and other places) are deliberate, to take eyes off of the real next Disney venture.

I personally would HATE for Disney to build out this way. Traffic on I-10 is bad enough :-(

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Realtor was telling me about this last weekend. She and her Broker are convinced it's coming. Sealey is where she said it'll be. Maybe there's more to this than Urban Legend, but then again, maybe not.

Put the flame throwers away.

CyKat

Our realtor also told us this.... in 1983! Hmmmm... I think there was a 5 year time frame then. I must have missed the 1988 opening.

Our 24 year old son told my husband all about Disney buying up property secretly... near San Antonio. Opening in 2010.

Until I walk through the gates, I don't believe any of the Texas rumors.

Only if they think that people will be willing to pay more for property near a theme park. Me, I'd run the other way.

A resident might.

A business relying on pass-by traffic might not.

Of course, I have to think they'd do more homework than just relying on a realtor for that info.

I think it must be the realtors that keep the Disney rumors going. They probably think it's a way to get people interested in purchasing land out in the middle of nowhere. "Buy now! ...and cash in later when Disney builds a billion dollar park right in your back yard. - Opening day to be announced at a later date."

- a much later date.

Our realtor also told us this.... in 1983! Hmmmm... I think there was a 5 year time frame then. I must have missed the 1988 opening.

Our 24 year old son told my husband all about Disney buying up property secretly... near San Antonio. Opening in 2010.

Until I walk through the gates, I don't believe any of the Texas rumors.

Agreed. When we moved to Houston in 1989, we were told the same thing, except this time it was supposed to be where the Renessance Festival is. I don't believe any of it. I also doubt that they would want to move into a city where a major theme park is being developed as we speak in Montgomery County...Earthquest Adventures.

Archived