Icon M Tower: Condominium High-Rise At 1209 Montrose Blvd.

memebag

The setback variances were approved, subject to certain conditions on the plat:

Montrose Boulevard- 15’ Walkway with 8’ unobstructed sidewalk & 5’ Landscaping Buffer with Min. 3’ Caliper Trees.

Along West Clay, 13’ Walkway with 8’ Unobstructed sidewalk a 10’ Landscaping Buffer with Min. 3’ Caliper Trees.

Screening covering parking garage & on eastern building side, provide opaque windows to prevent disruption to SFR housing.

3 hours ago, Angostura said:

The setback variances were approved, subject to certain conditions on the plat:

@nomohoutx Your thoughts? They're going to cover the garage at least and do some walkability stuff with the sidewalks. 

Edited by wilcal

On 9/21/2018 at 6:18 PM, wilcal said:

@nomohoutx Your thoughts? They're going to cover the garage at least and do some walkability stuff with the sidewalks. 

I think it's great what they're doing with the walkability improvements and am very happy to hear they are taking into consideration the neighboring townhomes with the design of the garage.  I am very curious to see how this project develops and to see what the final product will look like.   

• The title was changed to Montrose Gardens: 20-Stories
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Icon M Tower: NEC of Montrose & West Clay
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sapo2367 said:

Variance request signs are up at Kuhn Kay. Talked with the lady at the counter, the restaurant is going to relocate during construction and then re-open in the GFR of the tower. 

0ABFD5A0-6E28-4369-98A1-D4D29C22470E.jpeg

Seeing home made printed Variance signs don't give me much confidence in the developer being well capitalized.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the official Notice of Variance notification from the city the other day.  It looks like the ground floor retail is no longer part of this project.  Under 'Statement of Facts' is the following:

'The plan for the building is to provide 70+ luxury residential high-rise units with 5 floors of parking and no retail on the street side........The Montrose favorite Khun Kay Thai is planning to relocate just down the street and open to continue to serve the Montrose area their delicious Thai cuisine.'

It also mentions that inspiration for this building comes from ICONSAIM in Thailand and Garden by the Bay in Singapore....

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

My architectural knowledge is significantly less than many on this board, but isn't the Singapore example a giant covered garden with tall mushroom like supports; and the Thai example a glass tower over a giant upscale shopping center (with more in common with many Singapore towers)? I might be wrong on the Bangkok building.

My usual trusty imagination fails trying to merge the two concepts.

I look forward to seeing the designs.

With all the new residential construction on or planned for Montrose Blvd, are there plans for improved public transit beyond the 56 bus?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brooklyn173 said:

My architectural knowledge is significantly less than many on this board, but isn't the Singapore example a giant covered garden with tall mushroom like supports; and the Thai example a glass tower over a giant upscale shopping center (with more in common with many Singapore towers)? I might be wrong on the Bangkok building.

My usual trusty imagination fails trying to merge the two concepts.

I look forward to seeing the designs.

With all the new residential construction on or planned for Montrose Blvd, are there plans for improved public transit beyond the 56 bus?

Not sure if you've seen the improvements along Studewood, but that's basically what is coming to Montrose Blvd. Along the median of Studewood they added pedestrian crossings for better access to stops, wider sidewalks along the majority of the street and the bus shelters look really nice. 

https://www.ridemetro.org/Pages/METRO-BOOST-Network.aspx

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 6

• The title was changed to Icon M Tower: NEC Of Montrose & West Clay St.
On 9/16/2021 at 2:15 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Not sure if you've seen the improvements along Studewood, but that's basically what is coming to Montrose Blvd. Along the median of Studewood they added pedestrian crossings for better access to stops, wider sidewalks along the majority of the street and the bus shelters look really nice. 

https://www.ridemetro.org/Pages/METRO-BOOST-Network.aspx

Is this pretty certain that this project is stretching south into Montrose Blvd? On the link you sent it only shows as far south as White Oak

13 minutes ago, emmanume said:

Is this pretty certain that this project is stretching south into Montrose Blvd? On the link you sent it only shows as far south as White Oak

Several of the stops in Montrose on Montrose Blvd already have the BOOST improvements completed. I belive the stop in front of Brookstreet BBQ two blocks north of Westheimer has it completed. 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Golden Room At 1209 Montrose Blvd.
  • 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to Icon M Tower: 22-Story High-Rise at 1209 Montrose Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Icon M Tower: Condominium High-Rise At 1209 Montrose Blvd.