Shamrock Tower At 617 Main St.

dbigtex56

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thirdly, I would hate to imagine just how much more dead Southern downtown would be without these three buildings. The last thing any area of downtown needs, but especially this one, is more surface lots!

Actually southern downtown would probably be a lot more lively because the demand for parking, combined with the inflated land prices caused by these buildings, wouldn't have wiped out all the smaller stores and buildings. Look at an old picture of the area sometime before they were built.

A little blurb from ms. Sanoff's column on Sunday:

Realtor Roger Huffine said he's in the process of converting more than 100 reservations into hard sales contracts.

Nearly 70 percent of the 264 units have been reserved, he said, and 30 contracts were in the title company as of last week.

Prices started around $170,000."

if i were a gambling man, i would be willing to bet they do not break ground until at least 75% of the units were in the title company. currently/allegedly with 30 contracts, they are sitting at 11%.

if they really are breaking ground, as some of you have claimed, please find out who is doing the loan on this deal. i've got some ocean front property in arizona that needs a refi :P

if i were a gambling man, i would be willing to bet they do not break ground until at least 75% of the units were in the title company.  currently/allegedly with 30 contracts, they are sitting at 11%.

if they really are breaking ground, as some of you have claimed, please find out who is doing the loan on this deal.  i've got some ocean front property in arizona that needs a refi  :P

Amen brother.... :lol:

I hope a residential tower does get built on this site - it would be a great asset to this area of downtown. When I lived in Houston in the mid-90's they rebuilt the McDonalds at this site - it is good to see something better going in there.

I do have to agree with others who have said that the Shamrock's design does not fit in with downtown Houston. I think it could be a lot better. But this may be a new standard for new residential development downtown, and everyone will have to get used to it.

I can't wait to see what happens.

I sure when the first of the modern glass skyscrapers were built there were people objecting to it not fitting into the skyline then. It's change and change is good as long as it is moderated.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering the same thing, LT.

Whatever was being placed there was huge.  I can hardly wait to drive by again tonight and see what it is.

Ricco

Yes, there is a crane by the Shamrock lot. Unfortunately, it's being used to replace the AC unit on the top of the Chase building across the street. Meanwhile, the sales office trailer still sits on the lot...

Does anybody know someone who has actually made a money reservation for this project? If so have they heard anything from the sales office as to when this project is supposed to get off the ground. If I had put money down and had yet to see any work done on this project I would definitely begin to ask questions to the people in charge.

The Shamrock Tower project on Main Street has been in the works for quite some time. Last I heard, groundbreaking was supposed to be mid to late August, 2004.

Anyone see any dirt moved? Any updates on this project?

Hey everybody I just found the forum, this is great.

I was downtown yesterday to watch the Superbowl (on Main) and walked right by the Shamrock Towers. They had not done anything to the area but did have some huge crane trucks blocking the street. Not sure if they were there in conjunction with the building or not.

Hey everybody I just found the forum, this is great.

I was downtown yesterday to watch the Superbowl (on Main) and walked right by the Shamrock Towers. They had not done anything to the area but did have some huge crane trucks blocking the street. Not sure if they were there in conjunction with the building or not.

welcome to the forum, gary.

i bet those beer lines were real short yesterday, especially considering the game was played sunday :P

welcome to the forum, gary.

i bet those beer lines were real short yesterday, especially considering the game was played sunday  :P

Ha ha! Sorry I must have a few to many Heinys. Yeah it was Sunday and and by the way I was really surprised at all of the ground floor shops and restaurants. Main street is really beginning to look like a big city.

AHHHH! Hurry up and build this, already! We NEED a big spark in downtown, and this just might be it! Im sick of sitting around, as nothing is done, and meanwhile, a certain city to the north is getting massive amounts of revolutionary projects! JUST BUILD IT! If you want, Ill dig the first pier for the foundation just to get this moving!

I think that project that houston-development is talking about will probably never get built. You know how many developers say things, and all of a sudden they drop the project? Alot. Let's just hope the Shamrock towers get built.

The discussion about the Main @ Polk development has been moved to a separate thread here, so this can remain about the Shamrock Tower.

sorry subdue, i was only helping out a poster that lost his way :D i have no earthly idea if it will come to fruition or not. i dont know the developers and have no personal knowledge of their project in denver.

back on topic.

some posters here said they had put up earnest money on shamrock. whats the current status? daltex (sorry if im butchering your name), any insight you care to share? what about others (cant recall names)?

bueller?

I sent an inquiry a few days back to the email address on the website asking about pricing and floorplans etc and all I got back was the automated, "We value your business" email.

That in itself is troubling.

I am sorry that you did not get back the information that you requested. The web site should have the most current list of available units, floor plans, unit prices and locations. If you would like to send a private email I would be happy to get back to you.

A development of this size does take a considerable amount of time, energy and money. The developer has retained the Irvine Team as project coordinators. EDI Architecture has been meeting with City code enforcement and should have the Foundation drawings, utilities drawings, and other required drawing to the city the end of Fed. The current workload of the city is 21 days to review the drawings and issue work site permits.

C.D. Henderson, Dallas TX, has been selected as the General Contractor and will be working with Dallas based High-Rise Concrete for the shell construction. They indicate that once the foundation is set it will take approx. 40 weeks to top-out the building. The construction funding is ready to go, we are just waiting on the 40% at the title company to fund the construction loan.

We have always tried to be as forthright as possible with people who ask for a time-line or projected build date, but can only go on what the other parties tell us. The current estimate for move-in is Summer of 2006 and all of the current buyers are aware of this and understand.

I hope that this information is helpfull and we have been reading and watching this forum for the past year.

Archived