At the least he needs to have someone advise him that when dealing with people who have been beaten into not caring, and are wanting really hard to start caring, he can't treat this like a market trade by saying 'shut up, I'm driving' and not piss people off. He may eventually get the team to a successful position, but he will need fans to make it an overall success.

He should start by maybe explaining why someone is going to pay over the average price for a ticket to the game to watch not only the worst paid team in the league, but the worst performing team in the league (based on 2012 standings).

I give him credit for having the cajones to scrap everything. That being said, he could have stated things a little more PC. Also it sucks that he is basically keeping 60% of the area from seeing a fun rockets season.

Is the product of a 70 win team that much better than a 50? In terms of not being the worst 3 season team ever, yes. But in terms of fan appreciation I am sure that it makes no difference and crane and co obviously agree since the are confident in not making any bandaid signings.

I will reserve judgement until the team is in a position to compete...then we can see if he is willing to throw around cash.

• 1 year later...

I'm hoping we surprise ourselves a little bit this year. I really don't know much about the team, I just don't have much time anymore and sports radio barely talks about anything else but football.

So I guess we have new radio announcers this year huh? All the ones we have had since Milo sound so generic and I can't tell them apart. Hopefully the new guys stick around and they grow on us. They seem ok so far.

Fowler looks like he has a nice swing and looks like a natural athlete. Hoping Springer gets called up soon since it sounds like he is our stud.

For those who keep up better, who are our top fielders and pitchers, including the pen, besides Castro and Altuve?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is pretty cool. When I first heard it on the radio I thought it was in the Majors, but still very cool nonetheless:

A 22-year-old Houston Astros prospect’s first home run of the season was caught by a familiar fan: his father.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/27/astros-prospects-first-home-run-of-season-caught-by-his-dad/

Edited by skwatra
  • Like 2

All this without a commiting a single error at second base.

Well sadly that just ended.

It would be so nice to be able to see this on TV.  But I'm not going to switch my service to Concast (not a typo) in order to do it.

Hey Mollusk, I don't have Comcast but I watch the games online through a portal. If you want the address just DM me

Carter and Singleton have their first grand slams in the same game Sunday night! Last time the Astros hit two grand slams in the same game was July 30th 1969!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_06_08_houmlb_minmlb_1&mode=video&content_id=33563121&tcid=vpp_copy_33563121

Astros now 29-36 for the season

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I would like to watch, but I refuse to get C**pcast, and my liver (and Director of Domestic Bliss) wouldn't be happy with me hanging out in bars that much.  

For a better update on the legal battles than one gets from the daily fishwrap, view this.  John Royal, who blogs about the Astros for the Press, is also a lawyer, so he actually understands what's going on at the courthouse and describes it accurately.

Thanks for that link. I'm not holding out much hope I will ever see them with my Dish network. 

I would like to watch, but I refuse to get C**pcast, and my liver (and Director of Domestic Bliss) wouldn't be happy with me hanging out in bars that much.  

For a better update on the legal battles than one gets from the daily fishwrap, view this.  John Royal, who blogs about the Astros for the Press, is also a lawyer, so he actually understands what's going on at the courthouse and describes it accurately.

Thanks for that link. I'm not holding out much hope I will ever see them with my Dish network. 

I gave up on Dish ages ago, back when they would end Astros games whenever the schedule said they would end, extra innings and rain delays be hanged.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...