Midtown Homeless Situation

themidtownguy

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a mini-"tent city" across from Rich's entracne on the back side of Search. People sleeping everywhere, hanging out walking in the street, etc. I even saw three different black pimps with their white trash pregnant ho's. I am not joking. I am used to the bums in Midtown but this is something new.

That's what I was talking about earlier...

I looked up "Rich's" and yeah, this is the same spot I pass by on the way to downtown.

Edited by Jax

Oh man, It's Friday Night! and the strip is hot Ugh, huh...

here come them Bad Girls, bad girls such a dirty bad girl, toot toot hey, beep beep

Serious pass by Rich's tonight around 9:00pm if you dare.

Plenty of film, Girls on Film, girls on film.

180px-Prostituierte_strassenstrich_2005-11-18.jpg

Girls? More like chicks with!

Precisely,

but hey it's Rich's territory.

About a month ago as I drove north on San Jacinto there was a HPD patrol parked smack in the middle of the love nest. He was not in sight must have been inside of Rich's where he was safe. Couldn't blame em.

That funky old parking garage is heaven for this midnight romp action. Plenty of RuPaul wannabe's tonight!

I've never associated them with Rich's. The guys who partake in the male toos on Tuam appear to be African American males on the "down-low". I have read they trace license plates of the John's all the way to Alabama.

That's what a hot-spot this is. The reason I know this is from the PIP meetings and talking with HPD.

I thought you meant Alabama and Shepard area? The state of Alabama?! Talk about desperate, geez.

Times have really changed the song used to say I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee, now it's a tranny on my knee? Next there will be Down Low - the movie!

When I went to the Opening of Howl at the Moon, I saw a confrontation between a driver at a bum. The driver seriously wanted to get out of the truck and beat up this guy.

He (the bum) started to approach me and ask me for some cash (I was on the corner waiting for a friend) I looked him dead in the eye and said "no" and he quickly backed off. I think watching them eye to eye conveys dominance to their primal minds.

I hate to refer them that way, but they mostly work on street smarts which has them working their minds on a very basic level psychologically. With a few exceptions, I think of them as animals in those terms and they fall into various categories in personalities and traits. The one you should always worry about are the "Predators" of this class. But that's for a totally different psychological analysis which I feel most of you guys would get bored (or offended) with that type of convo.

Anyway, it was after he turned around that I realized how cut he was. I figured he spent alot of his begging money for a gym membership.

Allow me, as a very local resident, to clear up a thing or two:

1. The street crowd is very much about Search. It was never a good scene, but it has gotten much worse in the past year or so.

2. The Rich's crowd is young, financially secure, and on most nights quite hetero. Spoiled 20-somethings for the most part who soon enough will move to the burbs, vote Republican, and yell at kids to stay the hell off their lawns. But for now they drive in drunk, piss all overy the streets and carry on.

They're worse than the homeless, frankly, if you're trying to get some sleep. The "old" Rich's was a much better neighbor.

^i agree about the some of the crowds - i have never seen so many young (seemingly - probably) drunk folks walking (in) the streets to their cars to drunkenly drive away.-midtown and parts of downtown, too

imo, more of a nuisance than any homeless person i've encountered

Edited by sevfiv

^i agree about the some of the crowds - i have never seen so many young (seemingly - probably) drunk folks walking (in) the streets to their cars to drunkenly drive away.-midtown and parts of downtown, too

imo, more of a nuisance than any homeless person i've encountered

luckily they aren't there 24/7

What amazes me is that I can go to, say, Chicago or Los Angeles and never be hit up for money in their "downtown" or other close-in areas. Yet, in Houston it's literally one (generally aggressive) bum after another when I go out to eat in DT or MT! And, yes, CVS on W. Gray is unreal. You'd think that the store would hire a security person to keep some order in the parking lot. And, where is HPD? I suppose eating donuts and pulling the middle class over for going 5 miles above the speed limit. This town... We've got so many problems....

What amazes me is that I can go to, say, Chicago or Los Angeles and never be hit up for money in their "downtown" or other close-in areas. Yet, in Houston it's literally one (generally aggressive) bum after another when I go out to eat in DT or MT! And, yes, CVS on W. Gray is unreal. You'd think that the store would hire a security person to keep some order in the parking lot. And, where is HPD? I suppose eating donuts and pulling the middle class over for going 5 miles above the speed limit. This town... We've got so many problems....

Are you serious? Downtown L.A. makes Houston's look like The SugarLand Town Square.

What blows my mind is the number of people in this thread who talk about punching the homeless in the face, treating them like animals, etc... Many of these posters are the same ones that like to talk a good "Christian" game in other threads.

Call me crazy, but I doubt Jesus would be sucker punching the homeless when exiting a BW3.

luckily they aren't there 24/7

Actually, Musicman, I'd much rather have the homeless 24/7 (which I do) than the Rich's crew. I wouldn't want to be either one, the homeless for their living conditions, the Rich's crew for their smug-assed attitudes. Overall, however, I find the homeless much more civil. I've never called the cops on them. The Rich's crew has me on a first name basis with the evening patrols.

As a MT resident, if anyone hears of this Midtown Town Hall they referred to in the article, please share the info with the rest of us.

Luckily the shelter on the corner of Tuam and Crawford is never a problem, and Baldwin Park is mostly ok, but that center section of midtown by Rich's and the underpass at Pierce Elevated and Caroline/Crawford/San Jac, along with the McDonalds/Greyhound area need some serious work.

I was driving through Midtown with my windows down (mistake), stopped at a red light, and got hit up for cash. I refused. He flung his hands in the air, rattled his whole body, and swore a pox upon me. It was really neat. I just laughed my ass off.

Edited by TheNiche

Are you serious? Downtown L.A. makes Houston's look like The SugarLand Town Square.

What blows my mind is the number of people in this thread who talk about punching the homeless in the face, treating them like animals, etc... Many of these posters are the same ones that like to talk a good "Christian" game in other threads.

Call me crazy, but I doubt Jesus would be sucker punching the homeless when exiting a BW3.

Well *I* am not one of the thumpers on this system, so I'm consistant in my ethics and values on the matter.

got some good scoop tonight...i was talking to a friend who is on the board of a homeowners association on the east side of main in midtown. i hadn't seen them in at least a month and mentioned this thread specifically. the association consists of approximately 150 townhomes.

i asked how the crime situation was going and got a mouthful. they have lived there 8 yrs and said the last 1-2 yrs the crime has become considerably worse. of the 150 homes, ~125 have had their brass house numbers stolen. the lawn sprinkler systems have also been ravaged. the valves cost approximately 700 and many have been replaced 3 times. as a result they paid 1200 to construct covers on these valves to prevent the thefts but now they covers are being destroyed as well. according to what they said, no one has been caught.

EDIT: I forgot, drugs and prostitution are also widely available.

Edited by musicman

got some good scoop tonight...i was talking to a friend who is on the board of a homeowners association on the east side of main in midtown. i hadn't seen them in at least a month and mentioned this thread specifically. the association consists of approximately 150 townhomes.

i asked how the crime situation was going and got a mouthful. they have lived there 8 yrs and said the last 1-2 yrs the crime has become considerably worse. of the 150 homes, ~125 have had their brass house numbers stolen. the lawn sprinkler systems have also been ravaged. the valves cost approximately 700 and many have been replaced 3 times. as a result they paid 1200 to construct covers on these valves to prevent the thefts but now they covers are being destroyed as well. according to what they said, no one has been caught.

EDIT: I forgot, drugs and prostitution are also widely available.

I'm one of the ~25 that didn't have my brass plate stolen. I hadn't heard about the sprinkler thefts, nor I have I had any problems with drugs or prostitution in our area specifically.

I'm one of the ~25 that didn't have my brass plate stolen. I hadn't heard about the sprinkler thefts, nor I have I had any problems with drugs or prostitution in our area specifically.

sounds like you are one of the fortunate ones in the association.

Edited by musicman

They caught a homeless guy the other day that stoled over 100 church plaques and he used the metro bus to take them to the scrap yard that's what the TV news said but this is about all I could find of the story.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5078660.html

this guy targeted churches......evidently stuff is still happening in midtown.