• 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Grid: Mixed-Use In Stafford
  • 2 weeks later...

There are two more restaurant pads under way, but I couldn't read the sign while driving down the freeway. The old main building of the TI plant is still a mess though. I hope this project succeeds, I really wish some of the "middle ring suburbs" of Houston could catch a break instead of being forgotten while the core and the outer greenfield development grows.

• Like 1

image.jpg

^^I got this from the first page. The overall plan has changed since then but I couldn't find another illustration. There are some industrial spaces built up on the east side along Murphy Rd but I don't think it's part of the overall project anymore. There is a major apartment complex in the middle that is almost done and is pretty close to the illustration. All the retail is along the western side of the project along the 59 feeder road. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The Grid has landed the first Houston area Costco Business Center. I will definitely be making the trip from Memorial to hit this and the In N Out up. 

https://communityimpact.com/houston/sugar-land-missouri-city/impacts/2021/04/12/first-houston-area-costco-business-center-under-construction-at-the-grid-in-stafford/

Edited by apendido
words
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BeerNut said:

Coming from Louisiana, Texas liquor laws were the one thing I kept forgetting about.  

I worked in Louisiana for about 9 months shortly after Katrina. I couldn't believe that you could buy liquor almost everywhere, grocery stores, convenience stores and drug stores. Plus the hours it was available to buy.

• Thanks 1

Just now, hindesky said:

I worked in Louisiana for about 9 months shortly after Katrina. I couldn't believe that you could buy liquor almost everywhere, grocery stores, convenience stores and drug stores. Plus the hours it was available to buy.

Can't forget about the "to go cup".  I always thought it was wild but I never complained.  For those that don't know...in most restaurants and bars you could request a to go cup where they would pour the remainder of your alcoholic beverage into a Styrofoam cup and "secure it"  with a piece of tape.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeerNut said:

Can't forget about the "to go cup".  I always thought it was wild but I never complained.  For those that don't know...in most restaurants and bars you could request a to go cup where they would pour the remainder of your alcoholic beverage into a Styrofoam cup and "secure it"  with a piece of tape.

You can do this in Galveston, at least on the Strand and nearby areas

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Grid: Mixed-Use Development In Stafford
  • 9 months later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/04/01/target-store-the-grid-mixed-use-stafford.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_27&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

From the article...

Sounds like Target will be building here, adjacent to the Costco space - according to a TDLR filing. 124kSF structure starting in October of this year and completing in February 2025.

Snooze & Hopdoddy coming this summer

a "major entertainment concept" to be announced soon

• Like 4