Ivy Lofts: Condominium High-Rise At 2604 Leeland St.

1. Will the HOA be professionally managed or will it become a popularity contest for college students trying to build their résumé?

2. How soundproof will the units be? The target demographic scares me away since I'm imagining a college dorm like I lived in, only with much more units and more parties. Will there be clauses around behavior, noise, nuisance, etc?

3. Comment: If this does go well and you're looking for other projects in Houston... I suggest south of the Texas Medical Center along South Main or south of NRG stadium. There is a strong need for housing like Ivy, but geared toward nurses, young doctors saddled with loans, and med students... all who want to bike/ take rail to the TMC.

Hello Brian-

The HOA will be professionally managed and the Condo Docs will of coarse provide the appropriate reservations to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable living environment. The Units have been designed with specific attention to noise. The shared walls will hold Sound Dampening materials. (Not just regular insulation). As for the Med Center, you are exactly correct. The Ivy, while not on South Main, is close in proximity to the Med Center and will provide a good alternative for Nurses, Doctors and Med Students working in that area.

The Ivy Lofts will provide 24/7 Concierge, Secure parking for Residents from the 3rd to 8th floors, Glass Enclosed Gym overlooking the Pool and Downtown, Yoga/Pilates Area, Pool, Outdoor Cooking / Lounge Areas and 3 Outdoor Terrace Areas in addition to the Pool. The current HOA/Maint Fees in Houston Condos are a financial barrier for many Buyers. The Ivy understands this and has directly addressed this issue.

Cool. So, no valet. That will help keep the HOA fees down and may well be an amenity that your target market doesn't especially value anyway.

24/7 Conceirge is wise.

What is envisioned by the HOA for building maintenance staff? Will there be on-premises building maintenance 24/7 or will it be call-in under contact?

Also, given the size of the units themselves, I doubt that there will be washing machines and clothes dryer hookups in each unit, I assume that the HOA fees cover usage/maintenance/repair of common area washer/dryers? Will the laundry facilities be located on each floor or centralized for the whole complex?

Is parking assigned and deeded?

Edited by UtterlyUrban

Also, given the size of the units themselves, I doubt that there will be washing machines and clothes dryer hookups in each unit, I assume that the HOA fees cover usage/maintenance/repair of common area washer/dryers? Will the laundry facilities be located on each floor or centralized for the whole complex?

There has to be hookups in the units - even small apartments have laundry hookups these days...you can get a washer/dryer combo that is the size of a dishwasher....you can put stackable units in a very small vertical space.

Cool. So, no valet. That will help keep the HOA fees down and may well be an amenity that your target market doesn't especially value anyway.

24/7 Conceirge is wise.

What is envisioned by the HOA for building maintenance staff? Will there be on-premises building maintenance 24/7 or will it be call-in under contact?

Is parking assigned and deeded?

The Maintenance Staffing has not yet been finalized. This is currently a topic of discussion with the Management Company. As for the laundry, each unit will come with Bosch washers and dryers included. One general parking space will accompany each unit and Residents will have the opportunity to upgrade their parking to a designated space if they choose to.

There has to be hookups in the units - even small apartments have laundry hookups these days...you can get a washer/dryer combo that is the size of a dishwasher....you can put stackable units in a very small vertical space.

Every unit will include a Bosch Washer & Dryer

• Like 1

Article in CityLab about micro-apartments - with mention of the Ivy Lofts

http://www.citylab.com/housing/2015/12/in-defense-of-micro-apartments/420645/

Micro-apartments are finally starting to arrive. There are (at least) 11 different micro-apartment developments in the works, according to a report fromCurbed, from the Ivy Lofts in Houston to the Patterson Mansion in Washington, D.C. Or put another way, there are a dozen new apartment buildings headed for markets where some buyers or renters appear to want to live in them.

The Maintenance Staffing has not yet been finalized. This is currently a topic of discussion with the Management Company. As for the laundry, each unit will come with Bosch washers and dryers included. One general parking space will accompany each unit and Residents will have the opportunity to upgrade their parking to a designated space if they choose to.

Every unit will include a Bosch Washer & Dryer

Got it. Thank you.

24/7 Concierge,

No valet parking

No assigned parking (unless some kind of extra fee is paid for an assigned space).

W/D included in every unit

Maintenance staff: on-site or remote? That is still being worked out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the skyline is from the wrong direction...if it is even Houston's

it's pretty obvious that it's Houston's skyline - heritage, three allen, chevron and 1600 smith are all prominently displayed. granted this view implies that the Ivy Lofts are being built somewhere near waugh and memorial and not EaDo.

• Like 1