Cosmopolitan: Condominium High-Rise At 1600 Post Oak Blvd.

The top was lit up last night.

And it looked GREAT!! I was viewing it from the 14th story of The Greenway condo tower, and it really added a lot to that part of Uptown skyline.

Can't wait for the Titan to hopefully provide some additional light. We need waaaaaay more nightime lighting on the buildings in this town!

Wow, not crazy at all about the big beige block that is the parking garage at the bottom. I would have hoped that they would have integrated it more, perhaps using some of the glass or something!

Totally agree. That garage is horrible, especially considering the prices they are charging for units. The initial renderings showed a water feature along the garage facing Post Oak so maybe that will help but that is much worse than I had envisioned.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Awhile back, people commented on the big, blank concrete walls enveloping the garage at the base of this building. After regularly walking by it during construction, I was also getting the feeling this would be another unfriendly neighbor to passers-by.

Today I was happy to notice a metal framework going up on the east side of the garage wall facing Post Oak. So, perhaps the water feature indicated on the earlier renderings will finally make its appearance. Hopefully they'll also do something (ivy, at least) about the south side, which has a bigger blank expanse of concrete.

Otherwise, the tower seems to have come off well.

The area might seem a little crowded once the proposed office highrise goes up just north, where the health club is now located ... and The Titan goes up across Post Oak.

Awhile back, people commented on the big, blank concrete walls enveloping the garage at the base of this building. After regularly walking by it during construction, I was also getting the feeling this would be another unfriendly neighbor to passers-by.

Today I was happy to notice a metal framework going up on the east side of the garage wall facing Post Oak. So, perhaps the water feature indicated on the earlier renderings will finally make its appearance. Hopefully they'll also do something (ivy, at least) about the south side, which has a bigger blank expanse of concrete.

Otherwise, the tower seems to have come off well.

The area might seem a little crowded once the proposed office highrise goes up just north, where the health club is now located ... and The Titan goes up across Post Oak.

If you watch the video on the website, it looks like some sort of ivy will be on the long south wall and the smallish fountains will be on each side of the short ends.

• 3 weeks later...

Not too much hope... those three fountains seem like an after-thought stuck onto the side of a big ugly block. The developers/architect definitely weren't interested in tying the building into the surrounding milieu, which is a shame considering how Post Oak is developing.

Not too much hope... those three fountains seem like an after-thought stuck onto the side of a big ugly block. The developers/architect definitely weren't interested in tying the building into the surrounding milieu, which is a shame considering how Post Oak is developing.

They fit a quarter million SF of residential units and parking on a half acre site that previously only had room for 1 fast food restaurant. You'll have to forgive them for not taking up valuable parking garage space with a sidewalk cafe or other street-level retail.

The original renderings had a fountain on the side.. you get a fountain on the side.. considering the developer could have just left it a blank wall, i don't think you should be so quick to criticize.

Edited by Highway6

They fit a quarter million SF of residential units and parking on a half acre site that previously only had room for 1 fast food restaurant. You'll have to forgive them for not taking up valuable parking garage space with a sidewalk cafe or other street-level retail.

The original renderings had a fountain on the side.. you get a fountain on the side.. considering the developer could have just left it a blank wall, i don't think you should be so quick to criticize.

I see your point, but as has been discussed to great lengths in other threads, there is more than one way to make a parking garage aesthetically pleasing -- or at least not jarring to look at while driving down Post Oak.

I don't understand the hysteria over this. Do any of us really think Randall Davis is going to just leave this ugly blank wall on this tower, contrary to the renderings and, more importantly, while he's trying to market an even more upscale condo tower across the street? Come on. The final product may not be up to the standards of some of us (I'm not that big a fan of the Cosmo myself), but he's not going to do something that boneheaded. Cut him some slack until the building is finished and the ivy starts growing (or whatever the final product is)...

I don't understand the hysteria over this. Do any of us really think Randall Davis is going to just leave this ugly blank wall on this tower, contrary to the renderings and, more importantly, while he's trying to market an even more upscale condo tower across the street? Come on. The final product may not be up to the standards of some of us (I'm not that big a fan of the Cosmo myself), but he's not going to do something that boneheaded. Cut him some slack until the building is finished and the ivy starts growing (or whatever the final product is)...

You're taking all of the fun out of this discussion. :angry:

The article on Swamplot is hilarious. The idea of the Greek Titans coming down to use the "urinals" outside of the Cosmo is priceless.

Actually, though, these fountains look an awful lot like something Randall bought at Hobby Lobby. I half expect to see an extension cord running along side and plugged into an outlet to pump a little bit of water.

• 4 months later...
Umm there are some weird paintings of Greek statues on the side of the base facing Post Oak. And the rest is just Plain, the building over all looks good though.

Cool, thanks for the update. I still hope they put some kind of green ivy on the sides without paintings.