40 minutes ago, Highrise Tower said:

I was told the research floors have been placed on hold.  Harvey will be finishing the garage and then wrapping the exposed rebar forms.  One of the tower cranes is scheduled to come down in a few weeks.

M7QmhUG.jpg

ozR9sul.jpg

I wonder how long on hold 🤔

7 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

I was told the research floors have been placed on hold.  Harvey will be finishing the garage and then wrapping the exposed rebar forms.  One of the tower cranes is scheduled to come down in a few weeks.

M7QmhUG.jpg

ozR9sul.jpg

This is never getting finished is it?

• Like 3

So they’re leaving us with a m

On 10/10/2022 at 2:25 PM, LosFeliz said:

Considering the word on the street about Life Tower at that complex, this might be for the best.

https://www.ricethresher.org/article/2022/08/residents-frustrated-with-life-tower-condition-upon-move-in

The new Life Tower apartment complex, a popular off-campus housing option, has faced criticism from Rice student tenants for ongoing issues since the building opened this month. 

A petition written by Life Tower residents and signed by several undergraduate students cites electrical issues, security concerns, broken appliances, car break-ins and a lack of responsiveness from management amongst the problems residents have encountered since moving in. 

According to Emma Hughes, manager of Life Tower, around 300 Rice students are living in this medical center complex, located a mile from campus.

--150.png

^^^ why on earth are "300" RICE UNIVERSITY students living/residing in a brand spanking new TEXAS A&M STUDENT LIFE TOWER that was designed/constructed for what we all thought was primarily for TEXAS A&M students... along with PRAIRIE VIEW A&M nursing students?  how on earth, could TEXAS A&M move students into a brand spanking new facility that is not fully completed?  "electrical issues, broken appliances, security concerns, car break-ins"... REALLY?  my goodness!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 9:21 PM, Luminare said:

*AT THE DRIVE-THRU*

Yes I'd like one Extra Tall Building with a side of Parking Garage.

*AT THE WINDOW*

No no no. I said I wanted an Extra Tall Building with a side of Parking Garage...Not an Extra Tall Garage with a side of Building. Ugh...

. . .

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Just curious if A&M has made a statement about the shut down?

Likely not since A&M's only involvement on that building is owning the land it sits on. This project is a Private-Public Partnership where A&M owns the land (and the academic building, Discovery Tower) and the developer (Medistar) owns and manages the apartment and office buildings and pays A&M a lease fee. As long as the university gets paid it likely isn't an issue for them since A&M isn't planning to occupy space in the office building. In looking back at news articles, it says the apartment tower and garage were both definitely happening by 2022 but the office portion was only "planned" to start in 2022.

A&M itself is actually planning a $15 million buildout of shell space in the academic building it owns.

https://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/treasury/pdf/FY23/TAMHSC.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, texan said:

Likely not since A&M's only involvement on that building is owning the land it sits on. This project is a Private-Public Partnership where A&M owns the land (and the academic building, Discovery Tower) and the developer (Medistar) owns and manages the apartment and office buildings and pays A&M a lease fee. As long as the university gets paid it likely isn't an issue for them since A&M isn't planning to occupy space in the office building. In looking back at news articles, it says the apartment tower and garage were both definitely happening by 2022 but the office portion was only "planned" to start in 2022.

A&M itself is actually planning a $15 million buildout of shell space in the academic building it owns.

https://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/treasury/pdf/FY23/TAMHSC.pdf

Interestingly, Texas A&M also still owns 2121 W Holcombe which Medistar was supposed to acquire when the initial announcements were made about the partnership.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Anyone know which is the largest parking garage in the city? I would guess the one adjacent to the Chase tower downtown. It appears to have the most levels, but do not know if it is the highest in volume of cars.

If it's one thing the TMC needs, is parking spots. My guess would be one of the Allen Center Garages, the Braeswood Garage in the TMC, or the Orange Garage in the Galleria. Chase Tower Annex/Garage isn't all parking - has offices on top.'

This one is a beast for sure.

• Like 1