Mixed-Use Development At 1111 Main St.

Urbannizer

http://www.younanproperties.com/

Sounds like its a commercial holdings firm

Younan Properties invests and provides asset management services for Class A office properties, retail centers, golf courses and luxury resorts on behalf of private, corporate and institutional investors. Today, the company has assembled a fully scalable, international platform with a valuation of more than $1 Billion.

• Like 4

Younan owns one or more of the properties on this block, including  the 1010 Lamar building.  However, I'm not sure we need for them to sell before the city's proposed mixed-use project can proceed; the city has (or at least had) an understanding with Younan to participate in the project by leasing part of its building and being provided with some parking for its office tenants.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Younan owns one or more of the properties on this block, including  the 1010 Lamar building.  However, I'm not sure we need for them to sell before the city's proposed mixed-use project can proceed; the city has (or at least had) an understanding with Younan to participate in the project by leasing part of its building and being provided with some parking for its office tenants.

True, I recall the same thing. There is probably documentation posted earlier in the thread.

• Like 2

Apologies for confusing east with west.  Directions are hard!  

My first thought also was that it seemed strange to have the parking block on Main.  The rendering shows the main entrance fronting Dallas so part of the parking garage would be next to the main entrance.  In both the Capitol Tower and proposed Market Square towers the parking structures are in the back, away from the primary entrance.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, ArchFan said:

I gotta say, putting an urban Target in the old Sakowitz building sounds like a great idea.  I'm not sure whether the investment community is ready to fund something like that yet, but I think that ultimately it would quite successful as more residential buildings open nearby.

I’d have to say the chances of that were far higher when the DRA was involved. But that’s just my gut.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2018 at 2:25 PM, mattyt36 said:

Now up for sale.  Negotiations to redevelop as a result of the Downtown Redevelopment Authority RFP stalled.

https://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Downtown-office-tower-and-former-Sakowitz-12934125.php

Well then I pray it doesn't get demolished and still renovated. If everything stalled to redevelop then I'm afraid there was no desired use for the current structure. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Mixed-Use Development At 1111 Main St.
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...