State National Bank To Become Moxy Hotel By Marriott At 412 Main St.

Urbannizer

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Looks like something might be starting here. Wooden barriers are being built around the entrance right now. Though I guess it could be some increased security to keep Jon-Jon-Jives from tagging the roof again.

fWFfoIP.jpg

zES7rgQ.jpg

Edited by jermh
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

They have constructed a plywood enclosure around the front doors, looks like work is underway. 

Narrow bit of sidewalk right there right now, it brings you uncomfortably close to the stoned homeless man trying to wreck the stanchions between the street lane and the light rail track. Seems the dollar store crowd has moved down 3-4 blocks. 

• Like 3

On 4/20/2021 at 1:04 PM, Nate99 said:

They have constructed a plywood enclosure around the front doors, looks like work is underway. 

Narrow bit of sidewalk right there right now, it brings you uncomfortably close to the stoned homeless man trying to wreck the stanchions between the street lane and the light rail track. Seems the dollar store crowd has moved down 3-4 blocks. 

Did you see work being done? The plywood has been there since March I believe.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Actually no, and it has probably been since March since I had been down that way, so it looked new to me and I didn't click back in the thread until just now. 

False alarm, I guess. 

Access to that building is going to be really tough for workers, materials, deliveries, etc.  Can they close the sidewalk on Main?  

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nate4l1f3 said:

I have walked by a few times and seen workers going in and out as well as heard saws and drills.  DIdn't sound like major work but something is happening for sure.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to State National Bank Building To Become Moxy Hotel By Marriott
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The way they are going with these renovations, it will be October 2023 before they finish, not October 2022.  The west facade has the steel frame for a new fire stair, and it hasn't been touched in weeks.  There is never any regular work underway inside.  On the upper floors, metal studs are all they have done.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ATH said:

The way they are going with these renovations, it will be October 2023 before they finish, not October 2022.  The west facade has the steel frame for a new fire stair, and it hasn't been touched in weeks.  There is never any regular work underway inside.  On the upper floors, metal studs are all they have done.

Your assessment is probably correct.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...