State National Bank To Become Moxy Hotel By Marriott At 412 Main St.

Urbannizer

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/05/11/new-moxy-houston-downtown-hotel-to-open-soon.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_27&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

"The historic 13-story building has been revamped to house a Moxy by Marriott, which is scheduled to open in either late June or early July, depending on when the city grants a certificate of occupancy. Moxy Houston Downtown will be located at 412 Main St. on the block of Main Street between Prairie and Preston streets.

Houston-based LMG General Contractors oversaw the construction of Moxy Houston Downtown, while New Orleans-based Campo Architecture & Interior Design served as lead architect on the project. The plan to convert the State National Building into Moxy Houston Downtown was first announced in 2021."

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/05/11/new-moxy-houston-downtown-hotel-to-open-soon.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_27&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

"The historic 13-story building has been revamped to house a Moxy by Marriott, which is scheduled to open in either late June or early July, depending on when the city grants a certificate of occupancy. Moxy Houston Downtown will be located at 412 Main St. on the block of Main Street between Prairie and Preston streets.

Houston-based LMG General Contractors oversaw the construction of Moxy Houston Downtown, while New Orleans-based Campo Architecture & Interior Design served as lead architect on the project. The plan to convert the State National Building into Moxy Houston Downtown was first announced in 2021."

I love this. For Houston’s size, the number of hotel flags we have had isn’t so impressive. But there’s been A LOOOOT of improvement since the Super Bowl. Keep them coming!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Caribomoa said:

I love this. For Houston’s size, the number of hotel flags we have had isn’t so impressive. But there’s been A LOOOOT of improvement since the Super Bowl. Keep them coming!

Indeed.  Not so very long ago, there were only 4 hotels in downtown Houston. With the opening of the Moxy, I believe we'll be up to 30!

• Like 4

The Moxy Hotel brand is also known for having a heavy focus on nightlife. It’s well located by the Main St Bars to have a good impact.

Hopefully it helps attract a younger crowd to Main St. The Main St kinda have the reputation for where the older crowd goes. Where as the younger crowds go to Washington Ave or Midtown

• Like 5

On 5/12/2023 at 9:41 PM, Caribomoa said:

The Moxy Hotel brand is also known for having a heavy focus on nightlife. It’s well located by the Main St Bars to have a good impact.

Hopefully it helps attract a younger crowd to Main St. The Main St kinda have the reputation for where the older crowd goes. Where as the younger crowds go to Washington Ave or Midtown

I guess older is relative, .. My husband and I are in our early 50’s and were by far some of the older ones in Frank’s around 8:30 pm last Saturday. The crowd was a mix of ages though. I do notice a lot of younger people riding the scooters around DT now. 

• Like 5

• The title was changed to State National Bank To Become Moxy Hotel By Marriott At 412 Main St.
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...